Re: Samba 3.0.20 => Mac OS

  • roberto_silva_pt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
      Yes, of course. Send me an email on roberto.gsilva@......

      Just to share the correct info: OS X 10.4.3 and NSLU2 with 4.20 and
      Samba 3.0.14a...

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Asko Kauppi <askok@d...> wrote:

      > You mean Mac OS (<=9.x) or OS X?
      >
      > For me, I'm using NSLU2 in an OS X environment, no problems. :)
      Can
      > check versions etc. if you like, get in touch 1-on-1?
      >
      > -asko
      >

      > roberto_silva_pt kirjoitti 2.1.2006 kello 0.52:
      >
      > > Hi all
      > >
      > > I need help to upgrade the current samba package to 3.0.20 for
      > > Unslung. I have been unable to access data of NSLU2 from my Mac
      and
      > > it is my current understanding that I will only be able to do
      this
      > > if I upgrade Samba from 3.0.14a-6 to 3.0.20...
      > >
      > > I don't know how to do this my self. Can anybody do this in
      benefit
      > > of all Mac users?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > RS
      > >

      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "roberto_silva_pt"
      > > <roberto.gsilva@g...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I own a Slug with 4.20 and with Samba 3 (3.0.14) installed.
      > > Everything
      > > > works fine with my window xp machines and with Xbox.
      > > >
      > > > I just bought a Mac Mini, with Mac OS x (10.4.2) and,
      > > unfortunatly, I
      > > > can't get Mac to connect to the Slug. I have search on the net
      and
      > > the
      > > > only resolution I can find is to update the SMB to 3.0.20.
      > > >
      > > > I understand that Samba 3.0.20 is already available for
      OpenSlug
      > > but
      > > > not to Unslung. Is there any ideia of when (or if) this version
      > > will
      > > > be also available for Unslung?
      > > >
      > > > Or is there any other way to solve this issue with the Mac
      > > connection?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks in advance
      > > >
      > > > RS

      > > Computer internet security Firmware development Computer
      internet
      > > business
      > > Computer internet access Computer internet privacy securities

      > > Computer internet help
      > >
      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >
      > > Visit your group "nslu2-general" on the web.

      Service.

    • roberto_silva_pt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
        Well, thanks to Asko Kauppi I found out how to overcame this
        situation. In Finder, I had to connect to server using the menu
        functionality "Go->Connect to Server" and then include the address
        to the public folder with "smb://192.168.1.77/disk 1" and then
        use "guest" as username on the following dialog.

        Thanks to the support of everybody and specially Asko.

        Happy 2006...