appWeb PHP module

  • Asko Kauppi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      If I try to enable appWeb 2.0.3-6 php5Module, it says this:

      default:1 main Error: Can't load /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so
      Reason: "libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
      directory"

      That is weird, since the file seems to be there:

      bash-2.05b# ls -al /opt/lib/libphp5*
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1807144 Nov 6 07:31 /opt/lib/libphp5.so
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14328 Nov 6 00:15 /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so

      What can be wrong? Who's responsible for that libphp5Module.so,
      appWeb, PHP or something else?

      Note: also libcapiModule, and libopenSslModule refuse the load, are
      they causing the php issue?

      -asko
    • Matt McNeill
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        This is due to a bug in the appweb 2.0.3 make file. The libraries etc
        are not installed in the locations recommended by the appweb authors.
        This was one of the things I was fixing with th eupdated .mk files.

        To get a work around for 2.0.3 you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
        point to /opt/lib I think. (there were some mails about this on
        nslu2-linux a few months ago). I remember that that bash package had
        this env variable set in one of its ini files which cased some problems
        trying to locate this bug, since I could not reproduce it. It also
        explained why appweb was failing to start on boot of the slug.

        Set this variable in the /opt/etc/init.d/S80appweb file and it should
        make things work fine.

        Matt

        Asko Kauppi wrote:
        > If I try to enable appWeb 2.0.3-6 php5Module, it says this:
        >
        > default:1 main Error: Can't load /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so
        > Reason: "libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
        > directory"
        >
        > That is weird, since the file seems to be there:
        >
        > bash-2.05b# ls -al /opt/lib/libphp5*
        > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1807144 Nov 6 07:31 /opt/lib/libphp5.so
        > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14328 Nov 6 00:15 /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so
        >
        > What can be wrong? Who's responsible for that libphp5Module.so,
        > appWeb, PHP or something else?
        >
        > Note: also libcapiModule, and libopenSslModule refuse the load, are
        > they causing the php issue?
        >
        > -asko

      • Asko Kauppi
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          Thanks.

          I will remain to have an interest on 2.0.4, but the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
          thing works, and allowed PHP to run without going Apache...

          Little trick, Big thanks!

          -asko

          Matt McNeill kirjoitti 2.1.2006 kello 0.40:

          > This is due to a bug in the appweb 2.0.3 make file. The libraries etc
          > are not installed in the locations recommended by the appweb authors.
          > This was one of the things I was fixing with th eupdated .mk files.
          >
          > To get a work around for 2.0.3 you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
          > point to /opt/lib I think. (there were some mails about this on
          > nslu2-linux a few months ago). I remember that that bash package had
          > this env variable set in one of its ini files which cased some
          > problems
          > trying to locate this bug, since I could not reproduce it. It also
          > explained why appweb was failing to start on boot of the slug.
          >
          > Set this variable in the /opt/etc/init.d/S80appweb file and it should
          > make things work fine.
          >
          > Matt
          >

          > Asko Kauppi wrote:
          > > If I try to enable appWeb 2.0.3-6 php5Module, it says this:
          > >
          > > default:1 main Error: Can't load /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so
          > > Reason: "libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No
          > such file or
          > > directory"
          > >
          > > That is weird, since the file seems to be there:
          > >
          > > bash-2.05b# ls -al /opt/lib/libphp5*
          > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1807144 Nov 6 07:31 /opt/lib/
          > libphp5.so
          > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14328 Nov 6 00:15 /opt/lib/
          > libphp5Module.so
          > >
          > > What can be wrong? Who's responsible for that libphp5Module.so,
          > > appWeb, PHP or something else?
          > >
          > > Note: also libcapiModule, and libopenSslModule refuse the load, are
          > > they causing the php issue?
          > >
          > > -asko

          > Computer internet security Firmware development Computer internet
          > business
          > Computer internet access Computer internet privacy securities
          > Computer internet help
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "nslu2-general" on the web.

        • tonyinbris
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2006
            Hi Matt,

            I'm very much a novice in NSLU2 cross-compiling, but I took your
            information and tried the following changes and managed to get appWeb
            running with PHP and OpenSSL. The changes were:

            1. rpath in the http/modules/openSsl/Makefile should read:
            --rpath "/opt/etc/appweb/bin:/opt/lib" \

            This seemed to be the big one for getting the paths to enable all
            module components to be found.

            2. Set in appWeb.conf -
            LoadModulePath /opt/etc/appweb/bin

            3. and for completeness the rc script to start it that I settled on
            was (yeah entropy helped - whatever that means - looks like something
            the OpenSSL side wanted more of):
            ---------------------
            #!/bin/sh

            if [ -n "`pidof appWeb`" ]; then
            /bin/killall -9 appWeb 2>/dev/null
            fi

            rm /dev/random
            ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/random

            /opt/etc/appweb/bin/appWeb -r /opt/var/appWeb -f appWeb.conf &
            ----------------------

            Testing is minimal at the moment, but I could use https to load the
            various php and esp samples in the web directory. I'm sending the ipk
            file to a friend to help testing.

            If you can repeat the above for me perhaps you can load the changes
            into CVS as I don't have access organised yet.

            Cheers
            Tony Saul

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Matt McNeill <matt_mcneill@h...>
            wrote:

            > This is due to a bug in the appweb 2.0.3 make file. The libraries etc
            > are not installed in the locations recommended by the appweb authors.
            > This was one of the things I was fixing with th eupdated .mk files.
            >
            > To get a work around for 2.0.3 you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
            > point to /opt/lib I think. (there were some mails about this on
            > nslu2-linux a few months ago). I remember that that bash package had
            > this env variable set in one of its ini files which cased some problems
            > trying to locate this bug, since I could not reproduce it. It also
            > explained why appweb was failing to start on boot of the slug.
            >
            > Set this variable in the /opt/etc/init.d/S80appweb file and it should
            > make things work fine.
            >
            > Matt
            >

            > Asko Kauppi wrote:
            > > If I try to enable appWeb 2.0.3-6 php5Module, it says this:
            > >
            > > default:1 main Error: Can't load /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so
            > > Reason: "libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
            or
            > > directory"
            > >
            > > That is weird, since the file seems to be there:
            > >
            > > bash-2.05b# ls -al /opt/lib/libphp5*
            > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1807144 Nov 6 07:31 /opt/lib/libphp5.so
            > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14328 Nov 6 00:15
            /opt/lib/libphp5Module.so

            > > What can be wrong? Who's responsible for that libphp5Module.so,
            > > appWeb, PHP or something else?
            > >
            > > Note: also libcapiModule, and libopenSslModule refuse the load, are
            > > they causing the php issue?
            > >
            > > -asko

          • Matt McNeill
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2006
              Tony,

              Could you send me your appweb.mk file and any related files in
              /sources/appweb so that I can test the build too?

              Cheers for chasing this down - I've been unable to spend any time on it
              at all recently.

              If we can agree it all works we'll push a new version into the feeds.

              Matt

            • tonyinbris
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
                Matt,

                The files should be in an archive in the place where you dumped the
                zip file recently:

                I included the .ipk built file that I made as some sort of a baseline.
                Its still works tonight - which is a good sign. The PHP stuff looks
                interesting - I may have a play with that some time.

                Next for me is configuring it and setting it up for secure access via
                the real web.