Appweb + PHP on unslung -- ready yet?

  • Asko Kauppi
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
      Not trying to be a gimme-gimme, but.. is there any hope in getting
      AppWeb and PHP to like each other?

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/HomePage

      has the notion at the end of the page:

      "All this came about to try and build php for appweb. I would also
      like to get appweb 2.0.0 building natively (or indeed cross)."

      I have appWeb running Just Fine, but with PHP4 & PHP5 modules
      disabled, to be able to get it started. Now, I'm experimenting with
      AppWeb + PHP as CGI as a backup plan, but the thing (sorry!) still
      insists on sending me the .php file instead of running it on the
      server. What should I do?

      -ak
    • Matt McNeill
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
        I had updated the appweb make file for the ipkg targetting version 2.0.4
        - which is almost complete except for:

        1) getting the OpenSSL working again
        2) thorough testing

        Please find all files and work done so far attached...

        Drop them in the build system (the appweb.mk in Make/ and the patches in
        sources/appweb/)

        I don't have time to continue this development so I'm hoping that other
        interested parties will continue from where I left off.

        Matt

        Asko Kauppi wrote:
        > Not trying to be a gimme-gimme, but.. is there any hope in getting
        > AppWeb and PHP to like each other?
        >
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/HomePage
        >
        > has the notion at the end of the page:
        >
        > "All this came about to try and build php for appweb. I would also
        > like to get appweb 2.0.0 building natively (or indeed cross)."
        >
        > I have appWeb running Just Fine, but with PHP4 & PHP5 modules
        > disabled, to be able to get it started. Now, I'm experimenting with
        > AppWeb + PHP as CGI as a backup plan, but the thing (sorry!) still
        > insists on sending me the .php file instead of running it on the
        > server. What should I do?
        >
        > -ak

      • Asko Kauppi
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
          May I ask, how much work exactly would be needed, and how good under-
          the-hood knowledge of ipkg is required?

          Where do I find the appweb.mk etc. files, in their current status?

          Is there something drastically different from 2.0.3-6 (current ipkg
          package) and 2.0.4, in this regard (the php modules)?

          -asko

          Matt McNeill kirjoitti 30.12.2005 kello 18.18:

          > I had updated the appweb make file for the ipkg targetting version
          > 2.0.4
          > - which is almost complete except for:
          >
          > 1) getting the OpenSSL working again
          > 2) thorough testing
          >
          > Please find all files and work done so far attached...
          >
          > Drop them in the build system (the appweb.mk in Make/ and the
          > patches in
          > sources/appweb/)
          >
          > I don't have time to continue this development so I'm hoping that
          > other
          > interested parties will continue from where I left off.
          >
          > Matt
          >

          > Asko Kauppi wrote:
          > > Not trying to be a gimme-gimme, but.. is there any hope in getting
          > > AppWeb and PHP to like each other?
          > >
          > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/HomePage
          > >
          > > has the notion at the end of the page:
          > >
          > > "All this came about to try and build php for appweb. I would also
          > > like to get appweb 2.0.0 building natively (or indeed cross)."
          > >
          > > I have appWeb running Just Fine, but with PHP4 & PHP5 modules
          > > disabled, to be able to get it started. Now, I'm experimenting with
          > > AppWeb + PHP as CGI as a backup plan, but the thing (sorry!) still
          > > insists on sending me the .php file instead of running it on the
          > > server. What should I do?
          > >
          > > -ak
        • Matt McNeill
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
            Asko,

            Sorry, gmane seems to have stripped the attachment. I've stuck a zip
            file in the files area for the Yahoo which contains all the source.

            ipkg is very easy to get set up with and it should be fairly obvious
            where to put the files from the zip file referred to above.

            I definately recommend setting up a cross development environment (the
            slug is VERY slow for native compilation - it will take days to compile
            MySQL and PHP).

            Follow the instrucitons here.

            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung

            Matt