*nix question

  • CN
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2005
      Hello everybody,

      I am back after a few months' absence from here. Happy holidays everybody! I
      have a few elementaary q's.

      1. Is there a version of infoZip's zip for unslung? I could not find any after some
      searching. (unzip is there). That is what I have been using on my *nix and win
      environment. I see the gunzip, but it does not appear to have a file gathering
      based on a date...

      2. In the last few days, I installed some ipkgs, and updated some configurations.
      What I wish to do is to collect all the files that might have been modified (any file
      with modified date later than 2005.12.26), and save them in some form to a drive
      on DISK2 -- probably to a flash stick there. Compressing is not that important
      now. I would have used infoZip; what is the set of linux commands to do this?
      What I really want to do later is to restore all these files (overwrite existing ones)
      to all the right places with a single command, if I have to reconstruct my unslung
      drive again. Help please. Perhaps there is a built in procedure for doing this?

      Thank you for all your help!

      Cordially, Chacko