Unicode and Mac

  • michael_lam2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2005
      Hi all,

      I am having problem copying to and reading files from the Slug with Chinese filenames. The
      same files work fine if I copy to/read from a Windows XP desktop.

      If I first copy the file to the Slug using the PC and then mount the volume from my Mac, the
      filenames appear as garbage.

      I understand that SAMBA supports unicode out of the box. What's the problem here?

      I am running 5.x unslung.

      Would appreciate your help on this.

      Thanks

      Michael