IPMG version.

  • veltzveronique
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2005

      I'd like to know which version of IGMP is installed on my slug (what's
      the command line ?) and I like to know (if necessary) if I can upgrade
      it to v.2. Here's why :

      Context & Problem

      I am trying to use my NSLU2 with Twonkeyvision 2.9.1 installed on it
      to stream video and audio to a DSM-320 (I've installed unslung 5.x).
      Every thing use to work fine untill recently when I've decided to use
      Devolo's dLan Highspeed adapters (upgraded with the latetst firmware)
      Since then, my DSM-320 does not find the TV upnp server anymore. I've
      contacted devolo support team and here's their answer (note that, they
      provide an answer for xp :(, but it helped so I guess a similar fix
      can be used for linux) :

      << ...
      I am not sure if UPnP the real problem is.
      MicroLink dLAN Highspeed adapter only support IGMP v2, but the latest
      version/upgrade of the MS Media Player and Media Connect is set to
      IGMP v3 by default. Please save the attached file igmp_v2.reg to your
      harddisk, then doubleclick it and confirm the message. This will set a
      PC with Windows XP back to IGMP v2. Further informations on this topic
      are included in this
      document from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815752/en-us
      << ...

      Doing so on a pc running under xp, I managed to make my dsm-320 see my
      TVersity upnp server installed on the computer. Now I'd like to fix
      the IGMP version on my slug to : how do I do that ? (I m kind of an
      newbie to Linux).

      Any help would be great :)

      V.