MONO

  • picioslug
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
      Hello,
      is there any chance to have mono on the NSLU2?
      Searching on the web i found this:
      http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:ARM

      Thanks a lot for any answer!!!

      Picio
    • Inge B. Arnesen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
        > Hello,
        > is there any chance to have mono on the NSLU2?

        Well - yes and maybe no, the question is perhaps a bit underspecified. On
        the home page they say:

        "It is known to run on ARM desktop machines, the Nokia 770 and the Linksys
        NSLU2."

        That means "yes".

        But they also say:

        "Should also work on big endian systems."

        Which indicates that they mean NSLU2 LE Debian distro when saying it works
        on NSLU2. Unslung and Openslug/OpenDebian are BE-systems on which it
        "should work" (which are famous last words of programmers).

        Which of the distros were you thinking of?

        -- Inge
      • picioslug
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Inge B. Arnesen" <ingeba@s...>
          wrote:

          > > Hello,
          > > is there any chance to have mono on the NSLU2?
          >
          > Well - yes and maybe no, the question is perhaps a bit
          underspecified. On
          > the home page they say:
          >
          > "It is known to run on ARM desktop machines, the Nokia 770 and the
          Linksys
          > NSLU2."
          >
          > That means "yes".
          >
          > But they also say:
          >
          > "Should also work on big endian systems."
          >
          > Which indicates that they mean NSLU2 LE Debian distro when saying it
          works
          > on NSLU2. Unslung and Openslug/OpenDebian are BE-systems on which it
          > "should work" (which are famous last words of programmers).
          >
          > Which of the distros were you thinking of?
          >
          > -- Inge

          I'm thinking tu Unslug 5.5 Since i need to port some app built in .net
          and .net 2005 (but maybe it's too early for this).

          Picio
          Picio
        • caplink811
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "picioslug" <picioslug@y...> wrote:

            Hi,

            > is there any chance to have mono on the NSLU2?

            Afair, there are 2 guys at www.nslu2-info.de... they build a working
            mono on openslug, or unslung, I'm not sure.

            You could register, and write a pm to spooky, or sinclair.

            bye
            JrB