Drive no longer recognized, Unslung 5.x

  • Patrick Tufts
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2005
      I have a problem that seems to have happened to others, according to:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/TroubleshootADriveMissingCondition

      My successfully unslung NSLU2 was working fine until, during a heavy
      data transfer, the box stopped responding to everything, even pings.
      Now, when I power-cycle the NSLU2 with the drive attached, the box
      remains unresponsive.

      If I bring up the NSLU2 without the drive attached, it boots and I can
      then ping it, telnet into it, reach the management page, etc. If I then
      attach the drive, it doesn't automount or show up in the web management
      page, but I can manually mount it, ls it, and fsck.ext3 it.

      I ran fsck.ext3 on the drive and found one inode that needed to be
      fixed. I let fsck fix it and, and now fsck comes back clean. Still,
      though, the NSLU2 does not automount the drive when attached, fails to
      show the drive in the web management page when attached, and does not
      boot successfully when the drive it attached.

      Any ideas?

      --Pat / zippy@...