sdparm

  • johnbocky
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2005
      Hello,

      has anyone compiled sdparm for unslung?

      tia
    • Inge B. Arnesen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2005
        It is at least not a package. Do you have some specific application in
        mind? The docs for sdparm aren't encouraging:

        "In summary, sdparm can do very little with USB mass storage devices. Best
        to start with very low expectations. Features such as locking and password
        based access control are being discussed for USB so there may be
        improvements in the future."

        best,

        -- Inge

        > Hello,
        >
        > has anyone compiled sdparm for unslung?
        >
        > tia
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • zhyla
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2005
          Somewhere on the wiki there's a snip from an email exchange I had with
          the sdparm developer. Whatever it is he wants to do probably won't work.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Inge B. Arnesen" <ingeba@s...>
          wrote:

          > It is at least not a package. Do you have some specific application in
          > mind? The docs for sdparm aren't encouraging:
          >
          > "In summary, sdparm can do very little with USB mass storage
          devices. Best
          > to start with very low expectations. Features such as locking and
          password
          > based access control are being discussed for USB so there may be
          > improvements in the future."
          >
          > best,
          >
          > -- Inge
          >

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > has anyone compiled sdparm for unslung?
          > >
          > > tia
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • johnbocky
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
            someone had written in the wiki that he has stopped and started the
            usb-disc using sdparm and the 2.6.? kernel and i wanted to try it
            with the slug (2.4.?) kernel. maybe i'll have enough luck and a few
            more scsi commands are implemented in the casing i newly bought.

            thanx