Apache crash with php classes ?

  • mcfly587
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
      Hello :)

      I have a small problem, when i try to use a class with php, apache
      crash.

      Nothing in log ...

      Anybody use classes on php ?

      Thanks in advance.
    • CORNELIU DOBAN
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005

        I don't know if is related to classes but mine is crashing too.
        Noting in Apache log either.

        It was working fine, but my filesystem got corrupted and fsck failed to fix it completly, so I had to format the drive and reinstall everything.
        Also I decided to upgrade from unslung 3.18 to the latest 5.5

        Now (with my original httpd.conf) is crashing when accesing the gallery/setup/index.php (using the old gallery-1.4.4-pl6 that was working before).

        There is no difference regarding the packages I had before the upgrade and after:

        apache - 2.0.54-2 - The most popular web server on the internet
        apr - 0.9.6-2 - Apache Portable Runtime library
        apr-util - 0.9.6-3 - Apache Portable Runtime utilities library
        eaccelerator - 0.9.2a-4 - Yet another php cache / accelerator
        php - 5.0.4-1 - The php scripting language
        php-apache - 5.0.4-1 - The php scripting language, built as an apache module
        php-gd - 5.0.4-1 - libgd extension for php

        I have no idea what it causing it.

        Corneliu

        mcfly587 <mclain588@...> wrote:
        Hello :)

        I have a small problem, when i try to use a class with php, apache
        crash.

        Nothing in log ...

        Anybody use classes on php ?

        Thanks in advance.

        Computer internet security Firmware development Computer internet business Computer internet access Computer internet help

        ---------------------------------

      • Tim Bishop
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
          See Slugbug 195 and search the wiki for the entry that mentions
          Gallery. That *may* be the source of your problems.
          Thanks,
          Tim

          At 10:35 AM 12/4/2005, CORNELIU DOBAN wrote:

          >Hi,
          >
          > I don't know if is related to classes but mine is crashing too.
          > Noting in Apache log either.
          >

          > It was working fine, but my filesystem got corrupted and fsck
          > failed to fix it completly, so I had to format the drive and
          > reinstall everything.
          > Also I decided to upgrade from unslung 3.18 to the latest 5.5
          >
          > Now (with my original httpd.conf) is crashing when accesing the
          > gallery/setup/index.php (using the old gallery-1.4.4-pl6 that was
          > working before).
          >
          > There is no difference regarding the packages I had before the
          > upgrade and after:
          >
          >apache - 2.0.54-2 - The most popular web server on the internet
          >apr - 0.9.6-2 - Apache Portable Runtime library
          >apr-util - 0.9.6-3 - Apache Portable Runtime utilities library
          > eaccelerator - 0.9.2a-4 - Yet another php cache / accelerator
          > php - 5.0.4-1 - The php scripting language
          >php-apache - 5.0.4-1 - The php scripting language, built as an apache module
          >php-gd - 5.0.4-1 - libgd extension for php
          >
          > I have no idea what it causing it.
          >
          > Corneliu
          >

          >mcfly587 <mclain588@...> wrote:
          > Hello :)
          >
          >I have a small problem, when i try to use a class with php, apache
          >crash.
          >
          >Nothing in log ...
          >
          >Anybody use classes on php ?
          >

          >Thanks in advance.

          > Computer internet security Firmware
          > development Computer internet business Computer internet
          > access Computer internet help

          >---------------------------------

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • CORNELIU DOBAN
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
            Now I undestand !

            When I installed (and run the setup) I had previous versions of apache2 and php that were working fine. Other peoples complained in the mean time that gallery setup is no longer working.
            After recovering my old config.php my gallery is working fine (except the setup).

            There is a slug bug about it but i dont't remember the number

            Regards,
            Corneliu

            CORNELIU DOBAN <corneliu_doban@...> wrote: Hi,

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
              hello,

              I try another thing on my slug, when i use the command "exec" like :

              exec('wget http://www.google.be');

              Apache crash !

              I continue my search :) to resolve that !

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, CORNELIU DOBAN
              <corneliu_doban@y...> wrote:

              > Now I undestand !
              >
              > When I installed (and run the setup) I had previous versions of
              apache2 and php that were working fine. Other peoples complained in
              the mean time that gallery setup is no longer working.
              > After recovering my old config.php my gallery is working fine
              (except the setup).

              > There is a slug bug about it but i dont't remember the number
              >
              > Regards,
              > Corneliu
              >
              > CORNELIU DOBAN <corneliu_doban@y...> wrote: Hi,
              >
              > I don't know if is related to classes but mine is crashing too.
              > Noting in Apache log either.
              >

              > It was working fine, but my filesystem got corrupted and fsck
              failed to fix it completly, so I had to format the drive and reinstall
              everything.
              > Also I decided to upgrade from unslung 3.18 to the latest 5.5
              >
              > Now (with my original httpd.conf) is crashing when accesing the
              gallery/setup/index.php (using the old gallery-1.4.4-pl6 that was
              working before).

              > There is no difference regarding the packages I had before the
              upgrade and after:

              > apache - 2.0.54-2 - The most popular web server on the internet
              > apr - 0.9.6-2 - Apache Portable Runtime library
              > apr-util - 0.9.6-3 - Apache Portable Runtime utilities library
              > eaccelerator - 0.9.2a-4 - Yet another php cache / accelerator
              > php - 5.0.4-1 - The php scripting language
              > php-apache - 5.0.4-1 - The php scripting language, built as an
              apache module
              > php-gd - 5.0.4-1 - libgd extension for php
              >
              > I have no idea what it causing it.
              >
              > Corneliu
              >

              > mcfly587 <mclain588@h...> wrote:
              > Hello :)
              >
              > I have a small problem, when i try to use a class with php, apache
              > crash.
              >
              > Nothing in log ...
              >
              > Anybody use classes on php ?
              >

              > Thanks in advance.

              > Computer internet security Firmware development
              Computer internet business Computer internet access Computer
              internet help

              Service.

              > ---------------------------------

              > Computer
              internet security Firmware
              development Computer internet
              business
              Computer internet access
              Computer internet help

              Service.

            • Johnny Karlsen
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
                Reported in bug 211, 195 and 253. Work done or not I don't know.

                /Johnny