Re: How to improve NFS throughput (an answer, not a question)

  • zhyla
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
      Stock slug, no hardware mods. I suspect doubling the CPU speed will
      make the curve more level and possibly help the higher end speeds to a
      degree (though 40 Mb/s is pretty dang good for a 100 Mb device). A
      really interesting thing to do would be attach a USB2 gigabit ethernet
      adapter on the slug and see if there's a difference, but I'm n ot sure
      such a device exists yet.

      Good question about caching. From observations it seemed that
      umounting/remounting the NFS mount cleared the cache. I'm not yet
      very familiar with the intricacies of file system caching so I may
      have some slight errors here. At any rate, the files I'm using are
      far bigger than the ram the slug has available for caching.