Re: Custom case and Usbhub and Nslu2

  • driverhs
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      Anyone?

      Thanks for all help.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "driverhs" <driverhs@y...>
      wrote:

      > I building a custom case containing a Nslu2, Linksys Usbhub and a
      Usb-
      > HD. The HD will be inside the case.
      >
      > I'm new to the Nslu2 and can't do alot of testing before building
      the
      > case.
      > I want to make it as compatible as possible, want to be able to
      > connect general hardware, maybe a camera, Usbflash, HD etc.
      >
      > So my question is, how would you recommend me to connect it all?
      > So far I'm planning to connect the inside UsbHD to Disk 1 on
      Nslu2,
      > the Usbhub to Disk 2. Nslu2 will be hidden inside the case with
      just
      > he Usbhub available to the outside.
      >
      > Comments? Thanks.

    • zhyla
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "driverhs" <driverhs@y...> wrote:
        > > I'm new to the Nslu2 and can't do alot of testing before building
        > the
        > > case.

        Test before building the case, it's just common sense to get
        everything working before you start building a box for it.

        For the case make sure you have sufficient ventilation/airflow to keep
        the drive cool. A hot drive is a dead drive.

        > > I want to make it as compatible as possible, want to be able to
        > > connect general hardware, maybe a camera, Usbflash, HD etc.

        A USB connector is a USB connector. I don't understand where
        compatibility comes into play.

        Post some pics when you're done, I'm interested in doing something
        similar. Though my solution will probably involve a rubbermaid
        container and zip ties.

        Zhyla