5.5 beta and install questions

  • bill marriott
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      All -

      I upgraded my kernel to the 5.5Beta using the IPKG upgrade option from the
      Slug about three weeks ago. It seems that upgrade broke some of the
      functionality of my apps. I am only using a couple of things, VSFTPD,
      MT-DAAPD and OpenSSH. The VSFTPD will not stay alive anymore, the FTD
      daemon will not answer if left idle after about 2-6 hours. I have to
      restart with /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd, after which it appears to work fine for a
      while. The OpenSSH will not start after a reboot, I have to enable telnet
      and then restart the OpenSSH with the "/opt/etc/sshd -f
      /opt/etc/openssh/sshd_config" command. The MT-DAAPD is the only thing that
      seems to be working fine without a hitch.

      I was thinking about removing and reinstalling those two apps. Does anyone
      have any suggestions on install order (can't think that matters) or any
      other tricks to get these working correctly? I have followed the
      instructions on the wiki.

      Also, one other question. I have created a public/private key pair using
      Putty for Windows for the SSH session. Can anyone tell me how to create a
      key pair for linux (using Suse 10) and importing to the Slug? There are no
      instructions on the same OpenSSH install page.

      Thanks for the help.
      /bpm
      **