Re: [nslu2-general] Unslung 5.x based on Linksys r63

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29 2:16 PM
      In message <dlqh1j+evn7@...>, Butch Stehno <bstehno@...>
      writes
      >I'm looking for a compiled Unslung 5.x kernel based on Linksys r63.
      >
      > I currently have my NSLU2 running Unslung 5.x with the Thttpd WEB
      >server. The WEB server exceeds my expectations and I could not be any
      >happier with it.
      >
      >Now, I would like to add an FTP server but I'm not having gook luck
      >with vsftpd. It is not working as expected. I suspect the problems
      >I'm incurring are a direct result of my lack of knowledge of the *NIX
      >operating systems.
      >
      >With that said, I'm looking for a compiled Unslung 5.x Kernel based
      >on Linksys r63. That way I can keep using the Thttpd WEB server and
      >utilize the Linksys FTP server. I noticed in the FAQs,
      >http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/HomePage, there are kernel
      >patches to do this but once again the lack of *NIX knowledge gets in
      >the way. These patches are meaningless to me and I do not know how to
      >install them.

      I moved away some time back from Vsftpd and replaced with the Proftpd
      FTPD server, it seems quite robust with a low ram foot print and
      reasonable easy to install and configure. It also supports passive data
      transfer which is needed if you intent connecting across a broad band
      router and can be configured for SSL data transfer encryption.

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA