Re: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 and VPN

  • Jochen RĂ¼ter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2005
      Hi!

      > Currently when I open such a VPN session, I have no access to the
      > other two computers.

      There are 2 possible reasons for this I can imagine.

      1) Your remote network uses the same subnet that your local network. In this
      case, both your local network connection and your openVPN connection
      would have
      similar IP addresses, i.e. both 192.168.0.XXX, so your PC won't know
      over which
      interface it should send the packages. The simple solution for this
      would be to
      change the address range of your local network.
      To check this, run 'ipconfig /all' on your WinXP machine when connected to the
      VPN.

      2) Your remote DHCP server gives you a default gateway, so that all your
      packages are routed over this gateway, instead of directly to your local
      computers. But as long as your subnetmask of the local interface is correct,
      this seems unlikely to me. This can be checked with 'route PRINT'.

      > In order to use the NSLU2 in
      > this configuration I must have access to it from any computer which
      > has an open VPN session. Is this possible?

      In general yes, it seems to be only a configuration problem.

      If none of the tipps help, send the output of these 2 commands to the list.

      -- Jochen