Convert Ext3 to FAT32/NTFS

  • fplanjer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2005

      I just got a nslu2 and was a bit disappointed that it doesn't work
      very wel out of th box with fat32 drives.

      I upgraded to the latest firware and I can attach a fat32 formatted
      driver and browse it etc. But, whn I want to enable groups and users
      on it it won't work, because the drive has not been formatted for use
      with the nslu. I understand that formatting will create 3 partitions
      (data, system and swap, all ext3.

      I do want to be able to use this disk on Windows, so I need a fat
      partition.

      What I'm thinking of doing is formatting the drive using NSLU2's admin
      screen and then connect it to windows and use partitionmagic to
      convert the first partition to fat32. This way, th nlsu has it's
      system and swap partition, but has a fat32 data partition.

      Has someone tried this already and is this working?

      regards, Felix