Custom case and Usbhub and Nslu2

  • driverhs
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2005
      I building a custom case containing a Nslu2, Linksys Usbhub and a Usb-
      HD. The HD will be inside the case.

      I'm new to the Nslu2 and can't do alot of testing before building the
      case.
      I want to make it as compatible as possible, want to be able to
      connect general hardware, maybe a camera, Usbflash, HD etc.

      So my question is, how would you recommend me to connect it all?
      So far I'm planning to connect the inside UsbHD to Disk 1 on Nslu2,
      the Usbhub to Disk 2. Nslu2 will be hidden inside the case with just
      he Usbhub available to the outside.

      Comments? Thanks.
    • driverhs
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Anyone?

        Thanks for all help.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "driverhs" <driverhs@y...>
        wrote:

        > I building a custom case containing a Nslu2, Linksys Usbhub and a
        Usb-
        > HD. The HD will be inside the case.
        >
        > I'm new to the Nslu2 and can't do alot of testing before building
        the
        > case.
        > I want to make it as compatible as possible, want to be able to
        > connect general hardware, maybe a camera, Usbflash, HD etc.
        >
        > So my question is, how would you recommend me to connect it all?
        > So far I'm planning to connect the inside UsbHD to Disk 1 on
        Nslu2,
        > the Usbhub to Disk 2. Nslu2 will be hidden inside the case with
        just
        > he Usbhub available to the outside.
        >
        > Comments? Thanks.

      • zhyla
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "driverhs" <driverhs@y...> wrote:
          > > I'm new to the Nslu2 and can't do alot of testing before building
          > the
          > > case.

          Test before building the case, it's just common sense to get
          everything working before you start building a box for it.

          For the case make sure you have sufficient ventilation/airflow to keep
          the drive cool. A hot drive is a dead drive.

          > > I want to make it as compatible as possible, want to be able to
          > > connect general hardware, maybe a camera, Usbflash, HD etc.

          A USB connector is a USB connector. I don't understand where
          compatibility comes into play.

          Post some pics when you're done, I'm interested in doing something
          similar. Though my solution will probably involve a rubbermaid
          container and zip ties.

          Zhyla