I've just bought a NSLU2 and it generally seems to work OK, but I'm
having a slight difficulty with user groups permissions. Here's the
1) I have set up a share directory called 'projects' under Disk 1
(formatted at EXT3), then set up 'project1' and 'project2' share
directories under 'project'.
2) I have given 'Group1' and 'Group2' read access to 'project'
3) Group1 has RW access to project1 and Group2 has RW access to
4) I have added myself as a user that is a member of Group1, but not
5) If I use 'Add a New Network Place' or 'Map a Network Drive' to
link directly to the 'project1' directory, I can access the folder
6) If I use the same process to link to 'project2', I am refused, as
7)If I use the same process to link directly to the top
level 'projects' share, I can see the two directories below it, but
I can't have write access to either of them.
I want (7) to be the default setup because I'd like all users to see
the top level share directory, but only have R or RW access to
Have I explained this clearly? Any suggestions? I am using Windows XP