Re: Backup issue:

  • Per Karlsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2005
      > Using NSLU2 with R.29 firmware, Windows 98SE, Maxtor 250 GB disk.
      >
      > I make a full backup overnight (approx. 43 GB). When backup is
      > completed I notice that some folders and several hundreds/thousands
      > files have not been copied. Log contains:
      > Backup: Maximum errors occur in job 'PelleBackup', job is aborted.
      > Followed by a a list of 21 files which could not be accessed.
      >
      > This message is shown at every backup, and not all files and folders
      > are backuped. However, not exactly the same files are reported
      > as "not accessible" each time. In the last backup I notice that
      > all the 21 filenames reported contains some strange character
      > (due to origin from Mac platform). But in previous backups I can't
      > find any strange characters in folder or filenames for many of the files.
      >
      > Could anyone confirm that this backup issue has been solved in R.63?
      >
      > I spent 40 minutes at phone with Linksys "support", i.e. a woman
      > who followed her script dutifully - and couldn't help me out at all.
      > I asked her what characters are disallowed in filenames, but she
      > couldn't answer that.

      Further question on this...
      Some of the files which could not be accessed have a fairly long
      path - at most 11 levels deep, 159 characters long. Is that more
      than allowed, or what is max limit?
      There are *many* such files and directories on this disk, so
      that is not easy to fix.

      Updated to R63 firmware, but problem is still not solved.

      /P