Re: [nslu2-general] Re: NSLU2 Keeps Dying: Solved & fixed!

  • Henrik Ræder Clausen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hi

      2005/11/13, Henrik Ræder Clausen <henrik.raeder@...>:

      > Hi
      >
      > 2005/11/13, Henrik Ræder Clausen <henrik.raeder@...>:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > 2) Yes, I did change the router, from one LinkSys to another, putting it
      > > on a different subnet. Interesting...
      > >

      > Plugging it into the 'old' router gets it back on line!
      >
      > I'm now investigating what happened and how to move it to the proper
      > subnet.

      Looks like there was a bug in the DHCP client code:

      Plugging it into the previous subdomain gets it back on line.

      From there, a reset to factory defaults is possible.

      After that, it can be taken to the new network and assigned a suitable IP
      address.

      Now its working like it's supposed to. But it gets better:

      After upgrading to the current (Rev. 63) firmware, the problem is gone.
      Bye-bye. Is an ex-problem. Ceased to exist.

      It's not listed in the changelog, probably because most people use the
      recommended setting of a fixed IP address.

      And I got NTFS support, too :)

      -Henrik