re: my NSLU2 is half-dead

  • Stewart Midwinter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2005
      Henrik:

      I've noticed with my NSLU2 that if it gets overtaxed, or perhaps runs
      out of memory, it can get into an unresponsive state. Simply
      rebooting won't solve the problem, because access to the hard drive
      is impeded. Best solution is to plug the unit into another linux pc
      and run:
      e2fsck /dev/sda1 and ...sda2 in order to recover the journal and
      check the inodes.

      then plug the drive back into the NSLU2 and reboot. And keep an eye
      on how many processes you run at one time...