Macintosh issues with NSLU2

  • gosciak
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2004
      My NSLU2 is running Firmware Version:  V2.3R21 as delivered from the
      factory.

      My NSLU2 is on a LAN with:

      1 homebrew PC running Windows XP
      1 IBM PC running Windows 98
      1 Macintosh G4 running Mac OS X v10.2.8
      1 homwbrew PC running Suse Linux v8.2
      1 Macintosh G4 Titanium Powerbook running Mac OS X v10.2.8
      1 IBM Thinkpad that alternately runs Windows Millenium or Suse Linux v9.1.

      All the Linux and Windows boxes seem to work as exp[ected with the NSLU2.
      However, the Macintosh machines (really running a UNIX variant) seem to tak=
      FOREVER to read or write anything to the NSLU2. I am not sure if the proble=
      is the way the NSLU2 Samba server is set up or the way the Samba client on =

      the Mac is set up.

      Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
        > All the Linux and Windows boxes seem to work as exp[ected with the
        NSLU2.
        > However, the Macintosh machines (really running a UNIX variant)
        seem to take
        > FOREVER to read or write anything to the NSLU2. I am not sure if
        the problem
        > is the way the NSLU2 Samba server is set up or the way the Samba
        client on =
        > the Mac is set up.

        There are several observations about ethernet frame problems in the
        NSLU2. Unfortunately the only relavent information I've found for
        fixing the problem is plugging the NSLU2 into a newer 10/100 switch
        (some hubs do work, but there is no list that has been made as of
        yet).

        See some messages on the developer group that have touched on the
        subject:

        Still monitoring the situation on the developers group.

        David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
        Do you have the right computer stuff? http://tinyurl.com/ytu7z
        Funstuff: Remember, when you pull his pin, Mr. Hand Grenade stops
        being your friend.