Re: [nslu2-general] Re: php-cgi?

  • Jochen Rüter
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi there,

      I'm also trying to get php up and running, however I'm on openslug.

      Did anyone build the mod_php for apache? I think this would be best for me.
      I tried to modify the bb-file for php to build the module and then
      crosscompile on my debian box. However, the configure script said
      "compiler cannot create executables". Anyone an idea?
      Or even better: has somebody a binary ready?

      I also tried with thttpd and the binary from the php-package via cgi, i
      wrote a little shell-script as a wrapper, which calls the binary. This
      works for simple scripts, but not for POST-request...

      Thanks for any help,

      Jochen
    • Øystein Hansen
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
        After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
        executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
        response from any 1-wire network.

        Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?

        Oystein H.
        qcyber.org

        Error messages:
        1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
        1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource

        Commands:
        # ipkg install oww
        # owwnogui -i
        devices driver usb

        UnSlung info:
        Firmware Version: V2.3R29-uNSLUng-5.5-beta
        1GB Flash drive in USB port 1, "disk 1"
        DS9490R in USB port 2 "disk 2 / flash"

        UnSlung packages:

        oww - 0.81.7-1 - Oww reads from a DalSemi/AAG weather station.
        libusb - 0.1.10a-6 - Library for interfacing to the USB subsystem.

        asterisk - cvs20050508-1 - Open Source VoIP PBX System
        asterisk-sounds - 1.0.6-1 - Supplementary asterisk-sounds.
        cpio - 2.5-r2 -
        devio - r1-r0 -
        findutils - 4.1.20-r1 -
        ipkg - 0.99.148-r0 -
        kernel-image-2.4.22-xfs - 2.3r29-r2 -
        kernel-module-ftdi-sio - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - ftdi-sio kernel module; USB
        FTDI Serial Converters Driver
        kernel-module-kaweth - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - kaweth kernel module; KL5USB101
        USB Ethernet driver
        kernel-module-pegasus - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - pegasus kernel module;
        Pegasus/Pegasus II USB Ethernet driver
        kernel-module-pl2303 - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - pl2303 kernel module; Prolific
        PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver
        kernel-module-usbnet - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - usbnet kernel module; USB
        Host-to-Host Link Drivers (numerous vendors)
        kernel-module-usbserial - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - usbserial kernel module; USB
        Serial Driver core
        libc6-unslung - 2.2.5-r5 -
        libgcc - 3.4.4-r0 -
        libghttp - 1.0.9-1 - libghttp is a light-weight http fetching library.
        libipkg - 0.99.148-r0 -
        libusb - 0.1.10a-6 - Library for interfacing to the USB subsystem.
        ncurses - 5.4-4 - NCurses libraries
        nslu2-linksys-libs - 2.3r29-r2 -
        openssh - 3.8p1-4 - a FREE version of the SSH protocol suite of network
        connectivity tools.
        openssl - 0.9.7d-4 - Openssl provides the ssl implementation in libraries
        libcrypto and libssl, and is needed by many other applications and librari
        portmap-unslung - 5-9-r1 -
        slingbox - 1.00-r6 -
        unslung-feeds - 3.0-1 - A list of sanctioned Unslung package feeds.
        unslung-rootfs - 2.3r29-r9 -
        update-modules - 1.0-r3 -
        wget - 1.9.1-r1 -
        zlib - 1.2.2-2 - zlib is a library implementing the 'deflate' compression
        system.
      • Petr
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
          Hi,
          ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
          ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
          ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
          ØH>
          ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
          ØH>
          ØH> Oystein H.
          ØH> qcyber.org
          ØH>
          ØH> Error messages:
          ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
          ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
          ØH>
          ØH> Commands:
          ØH> # ipkg install oww
          ØH> # owwnogui -i
          ØH> devices driver usb
          what about to try to write USB using capitals?

          devices driver USB
        • Mike Winter
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
            Good luck! I'm tryingn nanoweb and apache now.

          • Dave Coutts
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Petr <petr@t...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
              > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
              > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
              > ØH>
              > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
              > ØH>
              > ØH> Oystein H.
              > ØH> qcyber.org
              > ØH>
              > ØH> Error messages:
              > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
              > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
              > ØH>
              > ØH> Commands:
              > ØH> # ipkg install oww
              > ØH> # owwnogui -i
              > ØH> devices driver usb
              > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
              >
              > devices driver USB

              I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
              compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
              the oww project,
              The question I have posted to the OWW project

            • Dave Coutts
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...> wrote:

                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Petr petr@t... wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
                > > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
                > > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                > > ØH>
                > > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                > > ØH>
                > > ØH> Oystein H.
                > > ØH> qcyber.org
                > > ØH>
                > > ØH> Error messages:
                > > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                > > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                > > ØH>
                > > ØH> Commands:
                > > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                > > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                > > ØH> devices driver usb
                > > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                > >
                > > devices driver USB
                > >
                > I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                > compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                > the oww project,
                > The question I have posted to the OWW project

                My last posting seems to have lost the http link. Which is - http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1379951&forum_id=296766

              • Dave Coutts
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 13, 2005
                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...>
                  wrote:
                  Hi Oystein

                  I have managed get past the 'COM' and 'acquire resource' by installing
                  liblockfile with ipkg.
                  I gather that owwnogui will require the file locking libary unless it
                  has been compiled with the '--disable-seriallock' option.
                  liblockfile doesn't seem to be in the ipkg package list for uNSLUng.
                  Im not sure if you are having the same problem.

                  Unfortuneately Im still not able to get owwnogui working with openslug
                  2.7.

                  The log at the bottom of this post shows the messages Im getting when
                  I set the debug to 'messagelevel 4' in the setupNG file.
                  The messages suggest the weather station isn't working.
                  However I have been able to use it with oww on a ubuntu 5.10 desktop
                  pc and with WServer and OneWireViewer on a XP Pro desktop pc.

                  The hardware I have is the Dallas(AAG) 1-Wire Wind Instrument V3.0.
                  and the DS9490.
                  The HW is new. Its still sitting on the bench waiting to be put out in
                  the cold.

                  As part of my investigation I natively complied
                  digitemp(http://www.digitemp.com) on the slug to see if it would
                  communicate with the 1-WWI.
                  I walked the 1-W device tree with digitemp and found a difference in
                  the number of devices discovered by my ubuntu desktop and my openslug
                  slug.
                  The digitemp Im using on the ubuntu desktop is installed from the deb
                  package collection.

                  root@openslug:~# digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
                  Found DS2490 device #1 at 003/002
                  2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
                  105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
                  812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code

                  dave@ubuntu:~$ sudo digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
                  Found DS2490 device #1 at 001/007
                  2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
                  105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
                  812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code
                  1DA25D0100000007 : DS2423 4Kbit RAM + Counter

                  With digitemp, the desktop pc discovers the DS2423(Anemometer) and the
                  slug doesn't.
                  The missing Anemometer is also mentioned in the owwnogui logs below.

                  This difference in discovered device makes we wonder if the problem
                  with owwnogui is slug 'speed','usb hw','power' or 'timing' related ?

                  Im interested to hear from anybody that has owwnogui working on
                  openslug or can suggest where my problem with owwnogui might be.

                  Dave
                  --- owwnogui debug messages level 4 ---
                  root@odev:~# /usr/local/bin/owwnogui -i
                  setup_oww_un_name: /tmp/oww_trx_un
                  Setup read from: /usr/local/share/setupNG
                  Devices read from: /usr/local/share/devices
                  applctn_startup_finished. Debug to "/home/root/oww_debug_log.txt"
                  Interactive? Yes
                  bound Unix socket
                  bound Unix socket
                  owAcquireEx: com = USB
                  devices_portnum_var = 0x600
                  owAcquireEx OK
                  DoAtoDConversion failed
                  Checking weather station: "Anemometer" not found
                  FindWeatherStation returned 1
                  1-wire Error: Level of the 1-Wire was not changed
                  Thermometer 1: access failed [1st go]
                  Thermometer 1: access failed [2nd go]
                  Thermometer 1: access still failing - Reinitializing serial port
                  owAcquireEx: com = USB
                  1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                  1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                  1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
                  1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                  1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                  1-wire Error: 1-Wire is shorted
                  1-wire Error: Block Transfer failed
                  1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                  1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                  Failed to access Thermometer 1
                  Error reading from weather station: weather_read_ws failed
                  1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
                  1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                  1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                  1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                  Problem with link or weather station
                  RETRY:Will restart in 5 seconds
                  ------------- end log snippet -----------------

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 20, 2005
                    I tried writing the sentence "devices driver usb" as "devices driver USB"
                    and that fixed this problem. This is tough only walled when the DS9490R
                    dongle is placed in the root USB hub.

                    As I already boot on a flash in USB port 1, "disk 1", and need an external
                    hard drive which now is connected trough a USB hub on USB port 2 "disk 2 /
                    flash" I need the DS9490R to be accessible through the USB hub.

                    The hub is up and running, and my external hard drive is working properly.
                    Has someone tried using the DS9490R with a hub, or have an idea on how to
                    solve this?

                    Best regards

                    Øystein Hansen

                    > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode
                    and
                    > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages.
                    And on
                    > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                    > ØH>
                    > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                    > ØH>
                    > ØH> Oystein H.
                    > ØH> qcyber.org
                    > ØH>
                    > ØH> Error messages:
                    > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                    > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                    > ØH>
                    > ØH> Commands:
                    > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                    > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                    > ØH> devices driver usb
                    > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                    >
                    > devices driver USB

                    I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                    compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                    the oww project,
                    The question I have posted to the OWW project

                    Yahoo! Groups Links