Re: php-cgi?

  • pmankuzh
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Winter <jm@t...> wrote:
      --- message continues below ---

      Mike,

      Thanks for your info and help.

      - I have PHP package installed, I will try your binary when I get
      home.
      - I am using tRIO 1.5 for the RIO. Though I got Ampache working on
      the SLUG working, I did not try to to connect RIO to it yet. I will
      be trying it later. May be my lack of technical skills, I could not
      get Ampache working on any port other than 80; main page will work,
      but follow up links will not include the port in the URL and would
      break. (So I moved the SLUG admin interface pages to another port)
      - As regards Telnet breaking, you are absolutely right. I did not
      have OpenSSH and the SLUG is on 192.168.0.10. I will fix it based
      on your suggestions.
      - I will try NANOWEB since the PHP includes CLI support.

      Thanks.

      though.
    • Jochen Rüter
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hi there,

        I'm also trying to get php up and running, however I'm on openslug.

        Did anyone build the mod_php for apache? I think this would be best for me.
        I tried to modify the bb-file for php to build the module and then
        crosscompile on my debian box. However, the configure script said
        "compiler cannot create executables". Anyone an idea?
        Or even better: has somebody a binary ready?

        I also tried with thttpd and the binary from the php-package via cgi, i
        wrote a little shell-script as a wrapper, which calls the binary. This
        works for simple scripts, but not for POST-request...

        Thanks for any help,

        Jochen
      • Øystein Hansen
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
          After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
          executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
          response from any 1-wire network.

          Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?

          Oystein H.
          qcyber.org

          Error messages:
          1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
          1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource

          Commands:
          # ipkg install oww
          # owwnogui -i
          devices driver usb

          UnSlung info:
          Firmware Version: V2.3R29-uNSLUng-5.5-beta
          1GB Flash drive in USB port 1, "disk 1"
          DS9490R in USB port 2 "disk 2 / flash"

          UnSlung packages:

          oww - 0.81.7-1 - Oww reads from a DalSemi/AAG weather station.
          libusb - 0.1.10a-6 - Library for interfacing to the USB subsystem.

          asterisk - cvs20050508-1 - Open Source VoIP PBX System
          asterisk-sounds - 1.0.6-1 - Supplementary asterisk-sounds.
          cpio - 2.5-r2 -
          devio - r1-r0 -
          findutils - 4.1.20-r1 -
          ipkg - 0.99.148-r0 -
          kernel-image-2.4.22-xfs - 2.3r29-r2 -
          kernel-module-ftdi-sio - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - ftdi-sio kernel module; USB
          FTDI Serial Converters Driver
          kernel-module-kaweth - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - kaweth kernel module; KL5USB101
          USB Ethernet driver
          kernel-module-pegasus - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - pegasus kernel module;
          Pegasus/Pegasus II USB Ethernet driver
          kernel-module-pl2303 - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - pl2303 kernel module; Prolific
          PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver
          kernel-module-usbnet - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - usbnet kernel module; USB
          Host-to-Host Link Drivers (numerous vendors)
          kernel-module-usbserial - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - usbserial kernel module; USB
          Serial Driver core
          libc6-unslung - 2.2.5-r5 -
          libgcc - 3.4.4-r0 -
          libghttp - 1.0.9-1 - libghttp is a light-weight http fetching library.
          libipkg - 0.99.148-r0 -
          libusb - 0.1.10a-6 - Library for interfacing to the USB subsystem.
          ncurses - 5.4-4 - NCurses libraries
          nslu2-linksys-libs - 2.3r29-r2 -
          openssh - 3.8p1-4 - a FREE version of the SSH protocol suite of network
          connectivity tools.
          openssl - 0.9.7d-4 - Openssl provides the ssl implementation in libraries
          libcrypto and libssl, and is needed by many other applications and librari
          portmap-unslung - 5-9-r1 -
          slingbox - 1.00-r6 -
          unslung-feeds - 3.0-1 - A list of sanctioned Unslung package feeds.
          unslung-rootfs - 2.3r29-r9 -
          update-modules - 1.0-r3 -
          wget - 1.9.1-r1 -
          zlib - 1.2.2-2 - zlib is a library implementing the 'deflate' compression
          system.
        • Petr
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
            ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
            ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
            ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
            ØH>
            ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
            ØH>
            ØH> Oystein H.
            ØH> qcyber.org
            ØH>
            ØH> Error messages:
            ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
            ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
            ØH>
            ØH> Commands:
            ØH> # ipkg install oww
            ØH> # owwnogui -i
            ØH> devices driver usb
            what about to try to write USB using capitals?

            devices driver USB
          • Mike Winter
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
              Good luck! I'm tryingn nanoweb and apache now.

            • Dave Coutts
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Petr <petr@t...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
                > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
                > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                > ØH>
                > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                > ØH>
                > ØH> Oystein H.
                > ØH> qcyber.org
                > ØH>
                > ØH> Error messages:
                > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                > ØH>
                > ØH> Commands:
                > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                > ØH> devices driver usb
                > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                >
                > devices driver USB

                I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                the oww project,
                The question I have posted to the OWW project

              • Dave Coutts
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...> wrote:

                  > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Petr petr@t... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
                  > > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
                  > > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                  > > ØH>
                  > > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                  > > ØH>
                  > > ØH> Oystein H.
                  > > ØH> qcyber.org
                  > > ØH>
                  > > ØH> Error messages:
                  > > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                  > > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                  > > ØH>
                  > > ØH> Commands:
                  > > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                  > > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                  > > ØH> devices driver usb
                  > > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                  > >
                  > > devices driver USB
                  > >
                  > I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                  > compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                  > the oww project,
                  > The question I have posted to the OWW project

                  My last posting seems to have lost the http link. Which is - http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1379951&forum_id=296766

                • Dave Coutts
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 13, 2005
                    --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...>
                    wrote:
                    Hi Oystein

                    I have managed get past the 'COM' and 'acquire resource' by installing
                    liblockfile with ipkg.
                    I gather that owwnogui will require the file locking libary unless it
                    has been compiled with the '--disable-seriallock' option.
                    liblockfile doesn't seem to be in the ipkg package list for uNSLUng.
                    Im not sure if you are having the same problem.

                    Unfortuneately Im still not able to get owwnogui working with openslug
                    2.7.

                    The log at the bottom of this post shows the messages Im getting when
                    I set the debug to 'messagelevel 4' in the setupNG file.
                    The messages suggest the weather station isn't working.
                    However I have been able to use it with oww on a ubuntu 5.10 desktop
                    pc and with WServer and OneWireViewer on a XP Pro desktop pc.

                    The hardware I have is the Dallas(AAG) 1-Wire Wind Instrument V3.0.
                    and the DS9490.
                    The HW is new. Its still sitting on the bench waiting to be put out in
                    the cold.

                    As part of my investigation I natively complied
                    digitemp(http://www.digitemp.com) on the slug to see if it would
                    communicate with the 1-WWI.
                    I walked the 1-W device tree with digitemp and found a difference in
                    the number of devices discovered by my ubuntu desktop and my openslug
                    slug.
                    The digitemp Im using on the ubuntu desktop is installed from the deb
                    package collection.

                    root@openslug:~# digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
                    Found DS2490 device #1 at 003/002
                    2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
                    105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
                    812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code

                    dave@ubuntu:~$ sudo digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
                    Found DS2490 device #1 at 001/007
                    2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
                    105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
                    812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code
                    1DA25D0100000007 : DS2423 4Kbit RAM + Counter

                    With digitemp, the desktop pc discovers the DS2423(Anemometer) and the
                    slug doesn't.
                    The missing Anemometer is also mentioned in the owwnogui logs below.

                    This difference in discovered device makes we wonder if the problem
                    with owwnogui is slug 'speed','usb hw','power' or 'timing' related ?

                    Im interested to hear from anybody that has owwnogui working on
                    openslug or can suggest where my problem with owwnogui might be.

                    Dave
                    --- owwnogui debug messages level 4 ---
                    root@odev:~# /usr/local/bin/owwnogui -i
                    setup_oww_un_name: /tmp/oww_trx_un
                    Setup read from: /usr/local/share/setupNG
                    Devices read from: /usr/local/share/devices
                    applctn_startup_finished. Debug to "/home/root/oww_debug_log.txt"
                    Interactive? Yes
                    bound Unix socket
                    bound Unix socket
                    owAcquireEx: com = USB
                    devices_portnum_var = 0x600
                    owAcquireEx OK
                    DoAtoDConversion failed
                    Checking weather station: "Anemometer" not found
                    FindWeatherStation returned 1
                    1-wire Error: Level of the 1-Wire was not changed
                    Thermometer 1: access failed [1st go]
                    Thermometer 1: access failed [2nd go]
                    Thermometer 1: access still failing - Reinitializing serial port
                    owAcquireEx: com = USB
                    1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                    1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                    1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
                    1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                    1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                    1-wire Error: 1-Wire is shorted
                    1-wire Error: Block Transfer failed
                    1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                    1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                    Failed to access Thermometer 1
                    Error reading from weather station: weather_read_ws failed
                    1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
                    1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                    1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                    1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                    Problem with link or weather station
                    RETRY:Will restart in 5 seconds
                    ------------- end log snippet -----------------

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 20, 2005
                      I tried writing the sentence "devices driver usb" as "devices driver USB"
                      and that fixed this problem. This is tough only walled when the DS9490R
                      dongle is placed in the root USB hub.

                      As I already boot on a flash in USB port 1, "disk 1", and need an external
                      hard drive which now is connected trough a USB hub on USB port 2 "disk 2 /
                      flash" I need the DS9490R to be accessible through the USB hub.

                      The hub is up and running, and my external hard drive is working properly.
                      Has someone tried using the DS9490R with a hub, or have an idea on how to
                      solve this?

                      Best regards

                      Øystein Hansen

                      > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode
                      and
                      > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages.
                      And on
                      > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                      > ØH>
                      > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                      > ØH>
                      > ØH> Oystein H.
                      > ØH> qcyber.org
                      > ØH>
                      > ØH> Error messages:
                      > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                      > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                      > ØH>
                      > ØH> Commands:
                      > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                      > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                      > ØH> devices driver usb
                      > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                      >
                      > devices driver USB

                      I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                      compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                      the oww project,
                      The question I have posted to the OWW project

                      Yahoo! Groups Links