Re: [nslu2-general] Re: php-cgi?

  • Mike Winter
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 2, 2005
      pmankuzh wrote:

      >Mike,
      >
      >Would you mind sending me the binary you have compiled for using
      >Cherokee.

      Sure, the file is availible at:

      http://www.thewinters.org/php-fcgi.tar.gz

      You'll probably need the whole PHP package installed as well.
      Just a note, cherokee idiotically hardcodes the path to PHP. The
      executable must be in:
      /usr/lib/cgi-bin

      Good luck!
      --Mike

      >I wanted to set up NSLU2 mainly for serving to my
      >ShowCenter and also as a music server for a RIO Audio Server, using
      >Ampache. I had limited success to get all these working together
      >and also poor performance. Part of the issue is that I am not very
      >technical. Apache appears to be resource heavy for my needs.

      Heh, I have a Rio Receiver conected to Ampache as well. I tried to get
      Ampache running on the NSLU2, but I couldn't get it to work. I have
      been running this setup on an old 200Mhz laptop, and I always had some
      trouble getting the perl scripts to run fast enough to have a responsive
      user interface. Which Rio firmware do you use?

      >I tried php-thttpd and AppWeb also, could not get them to work with
      >PHP (specifically some issues with my set up for SwissCenter app and
      >Ampache).
      >
      >I also would like the PHP web server (NANO WEB) but will require it
      >to be re-compiled for NSLU2 to have the CLI support. HTTPI is
      >another web server (PERL based) for which some RIO Server apps are
      >available. I ran into some problem when I installed xinetd, I am no
      >longer able to access using Telnet. Looks like I need to reflash
      >the firmware and start all over again.

      You should probably install OPENSSH if you can get back in. As I
      remember, xinet.d by default limits connections to 192.168.1.0/24 (see
      /opt/etc/xinet.conf), which would disable telnet if your network setup
      is other that 192.168.1.*. If it is, you might be able to change the
      IP address of another machine on your network to 192.16.1.XXX, and you
      might be able to telnet back in.

      >Does the php ipkg for NSLU2 include CLI support?

      I believe that the php ipkg includes CLI support only. I don't know why
      they didn't include CGI/FCGI since it compiles automatically in the build.

      Good luck!
      --Mike

      Note: please send any further e-mails to winter@.... This
      is a junkmail account.

    • pmankuzh
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Winter <jm@t...> wrote:
        --- message continues below ---

        Mike,

        Thanks for your info and help.

        - I have PHP package installed, I will try your binary when I get
        home.
        - I am using tRIO 1.5 for the RIO. Though I got Ampache working on
        the SLUG working, I did not try to to connect RIO to it yet. I will
        be trying it later. May be my lack of technical skills, I could not
        get Ampache working on any port other than 80; main page will work,
        but follow up links will not include the port in the URL and would
        break. (So I moved the SLUG admin interface pages to another port)
        - As regards Telnet breaking, you are absolutely right. I did not
        have OpenSSH and the SLUG is on 192.168.0.10. I will fix it based
        on your suggestions.
        - I will try NANOWEB since the PHP includes CLI support.

        Thanks.

      • Jochen Rüter
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
          Hi there,

          I'm also trying to get php up and running, however I'm on openslug.

          Did anyone build the mod_php for apache? I think this would be best for me.
          I tried to modify the bb-file for php to build the module and then
          crosscompile on my debian box. However, the configure script said
          "compiler cannot create executables". Anyone an idea?
          Or even better: has somebody a binary ready?

          I also tried with thttpd and the binary from the php-package via cgi, i
          wrote a little shell-script as a wrapper, which calls the binary. This
          works for simple scripts, but not for POST-request...

          Thanks for any help,

          Jochen
        • Øystein Hansen
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
            After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
            executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
            response from any 1-wire network.

            Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?

            Oystein H.
            qcyber.org

            Error messages:
            1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
            1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource

            Commands:
            # ipkg install oww
            # owwnogui -i
            devices driver usb

            UnSlung info:
            Firmware Version: V2.3R29-uNSLUng-5.5-beta
            1GB Flash drive in USB port 1, "disk 1"
            DS9490R in USB port 2 "disk 2 / flash"

            UnSlung packages:

            oww - 0.81.7-1 - Oww reads from a DalSemi/AAG weather station.
            libusb - 0.1.10a-6 - Library for interfacing to the USB subsystem.

            asterisk - cvs20050508-1 - Open Source VoIP PBX System
            asterisk-sounds - 1.0.6-1 - Supplementary asterisk-sounds.
            cpio - 2.5-r2 -
            devio - r1-r0 -
            findutils - 4.1.20-r1 -
            ipkg - 0.99.148-r0 -
            kernel-image-2.4.22-xfs - 2.3r29-r2 -
            kernel-module-ftdi-sio - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - ftdi-sio kernel module; USB
            FTDI Serial Converters Driver
            kernel-module-kaweth - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - kaweth kernel module; KL5USB101
            USB Ethernet driver
            kernel-module-pegasus - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - pegasus kernel module;
            Pegasus/Pegasus II USB Ethernet driver
            kernel-module-pl2303 - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - pl2303 kernel module; Prolific
            PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver
            kernel-module-usbnet - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - usbnet kernel module; USB
            Host-to-Host Link Drivers (numerous vendors)
            kernel-module-usbserial - 2.4.22.l2.3r29-r5 - usbserial kernel module; USB
            Serial Driver core
            libc6-unslung - 2.2.5-r5 -
            libgcc - 3.4.4-r0 -
            libghttp - 1.0.9-1 - libghttp is a light-weight http fetching library.
            libipkg - 0.99.148-r0 -
            libusb - 0.1.10a-6 - Library for interfacing to the USB subsystem.
            ncurses - 5.4-4 - NCurses libraries
            nslu2-linksys-libs - 2.3r29-r2 -
            openssh - 3.8p1-4 - a FREE version of the SSH protocol suite of network
            connectivity tools.
            openssl - 0.9.7d-4 - Openssl provides the ssl implementation in libraries
            libcrypto and libssl, and is needed by many other applications and librari
            portmap-unslung - 5-9-r1 -
            slingbox - 1.00-r6 -
            unslung-feeds - 3.0-1 - A list of sanctioned Unslung package feeds.
            unslung-rootfs - 2.3r29-r9 -
            update-modules - 1.0-r3 -
            wget - 1.9.1-r1 -
            zlib - 1.2.2-2 - zlib is a library implementing the 'deflate' compression
            system.
          • Petr
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
              ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
              ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
              ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
              ØH>
              ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
              ØH>
              ØH> Oystein H.
              ØH> qcyber.org
              ØH>
              ØH> Error messages:
              ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
              ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
              ØH>
              ØH> Commands:
              ØH> # ipkg install oww
              ØH> # owwnogui -i
              ØH> devices driver usb
              what about to try to write USB using capitals?

              devices driver USB
            • Mike Winter
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
                Good luck! I'm tryingn nanoweb and apache now.

              • Dave Coutts
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Petr <petr@t...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
                  > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
                  > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                  > ØH>
                  > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                  > ØH>
                  > ØH> Oystein H.
                  > ØH> qcyber.org
                  > ØH>
                  > ØH> Error messages:
                  > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                  > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                  > ØH>
                  > ØH> Commands:
                  > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                  > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                  > ØH> devices driver usb
                  > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                  >
                  > devices driver USB

                  I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                  compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                  the oww project,
                  The question I have posted to the OWW project

                • Dave Coutts
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                    --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...> wrote:

                    > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Petr petr@t... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode and
                    > > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages. And on
                    > > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                    > > ØH>
                    > > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                    > > ØH>
                    > > ØH> Oystein H.
                    > > ØH> qcyber.org
                    > > ØH>
                    > > ØH> Error messages:
                    > > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                    > > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                    > > ØH>
                    > > ØH> Commands:
                    > > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                    > > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                    > > ØH> devices driver usb
                    > > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                    > >
                    > > devices driver USB
                    > >
                    > I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                    > compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                    > the oww project,
                    > The question I have posted to the OWW project

                    My last posting seems to have lost the http link. Which is - http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1379951&forum_id=296766

                  • Dave Coutts
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 13, 2005
                      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...>
                      wrote:
                      Hi Oystein

                      I have managed get past the 'COM' and 'acquire resource' by installing
                      liblockfile with ipkg.
                      I gather that owwnogui will require the file locking libary unless it
                      has been compiled with the '--disable-seriallock' option.
                      liblockfile doesn't seem to be in the ipkg package list for uNSLUng.
                      Im not sure if you are having the same problem.

                      Unfortuneately Im still not able to get owwnogui working with openslug
                      2.7.

                      The log at the bottom of this post shows the messages Im getting when
                      I set the debug to 'messagelevel 4' in the setupNG file.
                      The messages suggest the weather station isn't working.
                      However I have been able to use it with oww on a ubuntu 5.10 desktop
                      pc and with WServer and OneWireViewer on a XP Pro desktop pc.

                      The hardware I have is the Dallas(AAG) 1-Wire Wind Instrument V3.0.
                      and the DS9490.
                      The HW is new. Its still sitting on the bench waiting to be put out in
                      the cold.

                      As part of my investigation I natively complied
                      digitemp(http://www.digitemp.com) on the slug to see if it would
                      communicate with the 1-WWI.
                      I walked the 1-W device tree with digitemp and found a difference in
                      the number of devices discovered by my ubuntu desktop and my openslug
                      slug.
                      The digitemp Im using on the ubuntu desktop is installed from the deb
                      package collection.

                      root@openslug:~# digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
                      Found DS2490 device #1 at 003/002
                      2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
                      105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
                      812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code

                      dave@ubuntu:~$ sudo digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
                      Found DS2490 device #1 at 001/007
                      2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
                      105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
                      812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code
                      1DA25D0100000007 : DS2423 4Kbit RAM + Counter

                      With digitemp, the desktop pc discovers the DS2423(Anemometer) and the
                      slug doesn't.
                      The missing Anemometer is also mentioned in the owwnogui logs below.

                      This difference in discovered device makes we wonder if the problem
                      with owwnogui is slug 'speed','usb hw','power' or 'timing' related ?

                      Im interested to hear from anybody that has owwnogui working on
                      openslug or can suggest where my problem with owwnogui might be.

                      Dave
                      --- owwnogui debug messages level 4 ---
                      root@odev:~# /usr/local/bin/owwnogui -i
                      setup_oww_un_name: /tmp/oww_trx_un
                      Setup read from: /usr/local/share/setupNG
                      Devices read from: /usr/local/share/devices
                      applctn_startup_finished. Debug to "/home/root/oww_debug_log.txt"
                      Interactive? Yes
                      bound Unix socket
                      bound Unix socket
                      owAcquireEx: com = USB
                      devices_portnum_var = 0x600
                      owAcquireEx OK
                      DoAtoDConversion failed
                      Checking weather station: "Anemometer" not found
                      FindWeatherStation returned 1
                      1-wire Error: Level of the 1-Wire was not changed
                      Thermometer 1: access failed [1st go]
                      Thermometer 1: access failed [2nd go]
                      Thermometer 1: access still failing - Reinitializing serial port
                      owAcquireEx: com = USB
                      1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                      1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                      1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
                      1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                      1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                      1-wire Error: 1-Wire is shorted
                      1-wire Error: Block Transfer failed
                      1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
                      1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
                      Failed to access Thermometer 1
                      Error reading from weather station: weather_read_ws failed
                      1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
                      1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                      1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                      1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
                      Problem with link or weather station
                      RETRY:Will restart in 5 seconds
                      ------------- end log snippet -----------------

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 20, 2005
                        I tried writing the sentence "devices driver usb" as "devices driver USB"
                        and that fixed this problem. This is tough only walled when the DS9490R
                        dongle is placed in the root USB hub.

                        As I already boot on a flash in USB port 1, "disk 1", and need an external
                        hard drive which now is connected trough a USB hub on USB port 2 "disk 2 /
                        flash" I need the DS9490R to be accessible through the USB hub.

                        The hub is up and running, and my external hard drive is working properly.
                        Has someone tried using the DS9490R with a hub, or have an idea on how to
                        solve this?

                        Best regards

                        Øystein Hansen

                        > ØH> After I have installed Oww, started OwwNoGui in interactive mode
                        and
                        > ØH> executed the change to USB driver command I get the error messages.
                        And on
                        > ØH> response from any 1-wire network.
                        > ØH>
                        > ØH> Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?
                        > ØH>
                        > ØH> Oystein H.
                        > ØH> qcyber.org
                        > ØH>
                        > ØH> Error messages:
                        > ØH> 1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
                        > ØH> 1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
                        > ØH>
                        > ØH> Commands:
                        > ØH> # ipkg install oww
                        > ØH> # owwnogui -i
                        > ØH> devices driver usb
                        > what about to try to write USB using capitals?
                        >
                        > devices driver USB

                        I have the exact same failure situation using Openslug 2.7 and natively
                        compiled libghttp-1.0.9 and oww-0.81.7. I have posted a question to
                        the oww project,
                        The question I have posted to the OWW project

                        Yahoo! Groups Links