Re: [nslu2-general] Long delay in broswing NSLU2 shares

  • Kai Steinbach
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello irfan29200,

      On 11/1/05, irfan29200 <irfan@...> wrote:
      > My NSLU2 was working fine in one premisis where I had assined it an IP
      > address of 192.168.0.123. The response and speed was good.
      >
      > I then took it to another premisis where the subnet was 192.168.1.X
      > and I subsequently assigned it an IP address of 192.168.1.123. Now it
      > takes a very long time for any PC to browse the shares, get into
      > directories etc. But once any transfer is started, the speed is good.
      > To change directory or to see NSLU2 in network neighbourhood, it takes
      > almost a minute. It is very annoying.

      The following might not be useful in your case, but worth a try. Hence
      I thought I let you know anyway.

      Your situation reminded me somehow of a situation that Mark was
      reporting on in his blog earlier ... check out the following post and
      the responses, and see if you can find something similar ...
      http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/08/case-of-intermittent-and-annoying.html
      Using Sysinternal "Process Explorer" and filemon to check for any
      paths that time out is probably a good idea anyway ...

      Good luck - Kai