re: long delay in browsing NSLU2 shares

  • Stewart Midwinter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
      Irfan, I suspect the problem is not with the NSLU2, but with your
      network. I've seen similar delay problems with my employer's network,
      where we have several subnets and 20-50 servers. We discovered that
      on one of the subnets there was a weird thing happening where all
      requests were going out to a co-location centre in another building,
      then coming back in again. If you happened to be on that network, all
      network share browsing took a long time to start up. You've already
      said that your NSLU2 performed well on a different subnet.

      You didn't say how complex your network topology is, but you could
      start by checking your routes (using "route print" at a command prompt
      if you are on Windows).

      cheers,

      --
      Stewart Midwinter
      stewart@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
        Thanks Stewart. The network is moderately simple and consists of 1
        (broadband router+4port switch), 2 more switches, 1 server and about
        12 workstations. The NSLU, server and 1 PC is connected to the 4-port
        switch integerated with the router. Even this PC has the same long
        delay in browsing.

        I forgot to mention that the problem started when I changed the subnet
        and also upgraded the firmware at the same time.

        I read in this forum that R63 has this bug. Someone also suggesting
        resetting the NSLU. It didnt work for me.

        Irfan

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Midwinter