Re: Latest firmware upgrade - unusable performance

  • leitart
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 29, 2005
      I just spoke to linksys and managed to resolve the problem with slow
      performance after the upgrade. Apparently you need to do a reset of
      the NSLU2 by holding down the reset button at the back of the unit
      for around 15 sec or so (use a ball point pen) until you hear a
      beep. Then shut down and restart.
      My unit is working fine now and disk performance is back to normal!

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Bart" <bart_unlimited@h...>
      wrote:

      > I have had the same experience. Unslung 5.5 is MUCH faster than
      Linksys 2.3R63.

      > Cheers, Bart

      Windows
      > Explorer is unusably slow.
      >
      > Anybody else have this problem and find a solution yet?
      >
      > Noel
    • irfan29200
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
        I tried this but the problem stays the same.

        FYI, the unit responds to the "ping" immediately. The long delay is in
        browsing the shares. Once the file transfer is started, the speed is fine.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "leitart" <leitart@y...> wrote:

        > I just spoke to linksys and managed to resolve the problem with slow
        > performance after the upgrade. Apparently you need to do a reset of
        > the NSLU2 by holding down the reset button at the back of the unit
        > for around 15 sec or so (use a ball point pen) until you hear a
        > beep. Then shut down and restart.
        > My unit is working fine now and disk performance is back to normal!
        >

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Bart" <bart_unlimited@h...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I have had the same experience. Unslung 5.5 is MUCH faster than
        > Linksys 2.3R63.
        > >
        > > Cheers, Bart

      • leitart
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
          Hmmm, you seem to be having the same issue that I originally had -
          very slow browsing of the shares. This is with the latest LinkSys R6
          firmware right?
          This might be obvious, but are you sure that you actually did the
          reset properly? i.e did you hear a single beep when you pushed in
          the reset button. Note that you must press the reset button after
          the unit is has booted up. The first time I tried the ball point pen
          I used didn't really reach inside enough to trigger the reset. Also
          you have to hold it down about 10 seconds at least to hear the beep.

          If you still have trouble after this try getting in touch with
          linksys support. They might be able to help.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "irfan29200" <irfan@u...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
            Another thought. Try turning off the UPnP support via the web control
            panel and see if that changes anything.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
              If I MAP the NSLU2 share as a network drive on my PC, the browsing is
              perfectly fine, the speed is good. But if I access it in network
              neighbourhood, the browsing is unusably slow. The speed is still fine.
              THe PING is fine in both cases.

              Any comments.