Long delay in broswing NSLU2 shares

  • irfan29200
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      My NSLU2 was working fine in one premisis where I had assined it an IP
      address of 192.168.0.123. The response and speed was good.

      I then took it to another premisis where the subnet was 192.168.1.X
      and I subsequently assigned it an IP address of 192.168.1.123. Now it
      takes a very long time for any PC to browse the shares, get into
      directories etc. But once any transfer is started, the speed is good.
      To change directory or to see NSLU2 in network neighbourhood, it takes
      almost a minute. It is very annoying.

      Can someone shed some light on it. I am using latest firmware in NSLU2
      and all other PCs on the network are Win2K.
    • Kai Steinbach
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        Hello irfan29200,

        On 11/1/05, irfan29200 <irfan@...> wrote:
        > My NSLU2 was working fine in one premisis where I had assined it an IP
        > address of 192.168.0.123. The response and speed was good.
        >
        > I then took it to another premisis where the subnet was 192.168.1.X
        > and I subsequently assigned it an IP address of 192.168.1.123. Now it
        > takes a very long time for any PC to browse the shares, get into
        > directories etc. But once any transfer is started, the speed is good.
        > To change directory or to see NSLU2 in network neighbourhood, it takes
        > almost a minute. It is very annoying.

        The following might not be useful in your case, but worth a try. Hence
        I thought I let you know anyway.

        Your situation reminded me somehow of a situation that Mark was
        reporting on in his blog earlier ... check out the following post and
        the responses, and see if you can find something similar ...
        http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/08/case-of-intermittent-and-annoying.html
        Using Sysinternal "Process Explorer" and filemon to check for any
        paths that time out is probably a good idea anyway ...

        Good luck - Kai