Seeking dead slugs as donation for National Engineers Week outreach

  • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      NSLU2-General readers (cross-post with NSLU2-linux),

      If by chance you have a dead NSLU2 that can't be returned for
      warrantee replacement, we will gladly take your unit in exchange for
      statement of donation to the Phillips Amateur Radio & Computing
      station (http://rtpnet.org/parc). Each year we do outreach to area
      schools, targeting Middle School Youth and the importance of technical
      literacy in coordination with National Engineers Week. For the past
      two years, Cybiko progammable PDAs were the hands-on programmable demo
      along with small tape "robots" (automated tape libraries).

      This year we are adding the slug as an example (as an iTunes server
      and as an Amateur Radio store-and-forward special purpose node). You
      can imagine the iTunes server is getting more interest from the middle
      school crowd, eh?

      We are looking for some dead slugs (NSLU2s) that we can open up to
      pass around to the audience. Our experience with the Cybiko PDAs
      showed us we needed to have non-functional units to pass around as
      opposed to the functionl ones run under supervised demos. Seems at
      least one walks away per day of demos ! And the stories we get from
      kids begging to have one given to them !!

      Anyway, if you are interested in making such a donation, contact me
      off-list.

      Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics
      PS - Sorry for use of sneakemail, but it helps us filter spam from
      real e-mail.