any ctorrent admin pages available in php ?

  • nickctrl
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2005
      As ctorrent is available for the slug, has anybody developped some php
      admin pages for it ?

      Having php-thttpd running on the slug, such pages would avoid to have
      to telnet in the slug to do common ops like starting, cancelling or
      following-up the completion of a torrent.

      Thanks.
    • Philip Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2005
        On 23 Oct 2005, at 23:46, nickctrl wrote:
        > As ctorrent is available for the slug, has anybody developped some php
        > admin pages for it ?
        >
        > Having php-thttpd running on the slug, such pages would avoid to have
        > to telnet in the slug to do common ops like starting, cancelling or
        > following-up the completion of a torrent.

        Nobody (AFAIK) has developed a web interface for ctorrent and it is
        highly unlikely that anybody will, simply due to the fact that it is
        deliberately designed to be small, speedy and console based.

        If you wished to, you could probably create a small php page for
        managing ctorrent fairly easily. For example (NB: I'm rusty), you
        could call system() inside a page and start a torrent...

        <?php
        system('ctorrent somereallycooltorrent.torrent');
        ?>

        et-cetera, et-cetera. Apologies if the example is slightly incorrect,
        but you get the idea.

        If anyone wants to correct me, please do :). I might have a bash at
        this at the weekend for you, but no promises :). Let me know if you
        have a try.

        Regards,
        ----
        Philip Johnson (PlasticMonkey) <plasticmonkey@...>
        Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7870 2206 Skype Me: plasticmonkey
        IRC.freenode.net: philipjohnson Jabber/GTalk:
        plasticmonkey@...
        http://www.phillybob.co.uk http://
        www.pixelgeek.co.uk
        ----
        GPG fingerprint = 3EC6 C5B6 FCF1 1FB5 C071 FF64 E7A3 1E3A 3A8F 766B
        ----

      • nickctrl
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
          Thanks for your reply Philip.

          I know that ctorrent is console based, but as it is available for the
          nslu2 ... I was hoping.

          About writing the pages, yes it is possible, but I wanted to know if
          it had already been done. Why to reinvent the wheel ? But it seems the
          wheel doesn't exist :-(

          I think we need to use screen to be able to track the status of
          running torrents and to stop them.

          By any chance, is there any torrent app administrable by the web
          running on the slug ?

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Philip Johnson