Samba 3.0.20 => Mac OS

  • roberto_silva_pt
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2005
      I own a Slug with 4.20 and with Samba 3 (3.0.14) installed. Everything
      works fine with my window xp machines and with Xbox.

      I just bought a Mac Mini, with Mac OS x (10.4.2) and, unfortunatly, I
      can't get Mac to connect to the Slug. I have search on the net and the
      only resolution I can find is to update the SMB to 3.0.20.

      I understand that Samba 3.0.20 is already available for OpenSlug but
      not to Unslung. Is there any ideia of when (or if) this version will
      be also available for Unslung?

      Or is there any other way to solve this issue with the Mac connection?

      Thanks in advance

      RS
    • roberto_silva_pt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
        Hi all

        I need help to upgrade the current samba package to 3.0.20 for
        Unslung. I have been unable to access data of NSLU2 from my Mac and
        it is my current understanding that I will only be able to do this
        if I upgrade Samba from 3.0.14a-6 to 3.0.20...

        I don't know how to do this my self. Can anybody do this in benefit
        of all Mac users?

        Thanks

        RS

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "roberto_silva_pt"
        <roberto.gsilva@g...> wrote:

        > I own a Slug with 4.20 and with Samba 3 (3.0.14) installed.
        Everything
        > works fine with my window xp machines and with Xbox.
        >
        > I just bought a Mac Mini, with Mac OS x (10.4.2) and,
        unfortunatly, I
        > can't get Mac to connect to the Slug. I have search on the net and
        the
        > only resolution I can find is to update the SMB to 3.0.20.
        >
        > I understand that Samba 3.0.20 is already available for OpenSlug
        but
        > not to Unslung. Is there any ideia of when (or if) this version
        will
        > be also available for Unslung?
        >
        > Or is there any other way to solve this issue with the Mac
        connection?

        > Thanks in advance
        >
        > RS

      • Asko Kauppi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
          You mean Mac OS (<=9.x) or OS X?

          For me, I'm using NSLU2 in an OS X environment, no problems. :) Can
          check versions etc. if you like, get in touch 1-on-1?

          -asko

          roberto_silva_pt kirjoitti 2.1.2006 kello 0.52:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I need help to upgrade the current samba package to 3.0.20 for
          > Unslung. I have been unable to access data of NSLU2 from my Mac and
          > it is my current understanding that I will only be able to do this
          > if I upgrade Samba from 3.0.14a-6 to 3.0.20...
          >
          > I don't know how to do this my self. Can anybody do this in benefit
          > of all Mac users?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > RS
          >

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "roberto_silva_pt"
          > <roberto.gsilva@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I own a Slug with 4.20 and with Samba 3 (3.0.14) installed.
          > Everything
          > > works fine with my window xp machines and with Xbox.
          > >
          > > I just bought a Mac Mini, with Mac OS x (10.4.2) and,
          > unfortunatly, I
          > > can't get Mac to connect to the Slug. I have search on the net and
          > the
          > > only resolution I can find is to update the SMB to 3.0.20.
          > >
          > > I understand that Samba 3.0.20 is already available for OpenSlug
          > but
          > > not to Unslung. Is there any ideia of when (or if) this version
          > will
          > > be also available for Unslung?
          > >
          > > Or is there any other way to solve this issue with the Mac
          > connection?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance
          > >
          > > RS

          > Computer internet security Firmware development Computer internet
          > business
          > Computer internet access Computer internet privacy securities
          > Computer internet help
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "nslu2-general" on the web.

        • roberto_silva_pt
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
            Yes, of course. Send me an email on roberto.gsilva@......

            Just to share the correct info: OS X 10.4.3 and NSLU2 with 4.20 and
            Samba 3.0.14a...

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Asko Kauppi <askok@d...> wrote:

            > You mean Mac OS (<=9.x) or OS X?
            >
            > For me, I'm using NSLU2 in an OS X environment, no problems. :)
            Can
            > check versions etc. if you like, get in touch 1-on-1?
            >
            > -asko
            >

            > roberto_silva_pt kirjoitti 2.1.2006 kello 0.52:
            >
            > > Hi all
            > >
            > > I need help to upgrade the current samba package to 3.0.20 for
            > > Unslung. I have been unable to access data of NSLU2 from my Mac
            and
            > > it is my current understanding that I will only be able to do
            this
            > > if I upgrade Samba from 3.0.14a-6 to 3.0.20...
            > >
            > > I don't know how to do this my self. Can anybody do this in
            benefit
            > > of all Mac users?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >
            > > RS
            > >

            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "roberto_silva_pt"
            > > <roberto.gsilva@g...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I own a Slug with 4.20 and with Samba 3 (3.0.14) installed.
            > > Everything
            > > > works fine with my window xp machines and with Xbox.
            > > >
            > > > I just bought a Mac Mini, with Mac OS x (10.4.2) and,
            > > unfortunatly, I
            > > > can't get Mac to connect to the Slug. I have search on the net
            and
            > > the
            > > > only resolution I can find is to update the SMB to 3.0.20.
            > > >
            > > > I understand that Samba 3.0.20 is already available for
            OpenSlug
            > > but
            > > > not to Unslung. Is there any ideia of when (or if) this version
            > > will
            > > > be also available for Unslung?
            > > >
            > > > Or is there any other way to solve this issue with the Mac
            > > connection?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks in advance
            > > >
            > > > RS

            > > Computer internet security Firmware development Computer
            internet
            > > business
            > > Computer internet access Computer internet privacy securities

            > > Computer internet help
            > >
            > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > >
            > > Visit your group "nslu2-general" on the web.

            Service.

          • roberto_silva_pt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
              Well, thanks to Asko Kauppi I found out how to overcame this
              situation. In Finder, I had to connect to server using the menu
              functionality "Go->Connect to Server" and then include the address
              to the public folder with "smb://192.168.1.77/disk 1" and then
              use "guest" as username on the following dialog.

              Thanks to the support of everybody and specially Asko.

              Happy 2006...