RE: [nslu2-general] Re: setting up backups in Windows

  • Aaron Hoyt
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 5, 2005
      For this situation wouldn't be a cheap and simple alternative to use a
      separate USB network card? It seems you can get them for next to nothing
      lately, and the second network card would have it's own settings. Set one
      to Static and use that to connect to the Local Network, use the second as
      DHCP and us it for connecting to any other network you visit.
      That way, you leave the second (DHCP) network card in your transport bag,
      and don't have to deal with the unassign/reassign for the static address on
      your home (static) card.
      Just a thought.

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 5, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof" <mwester@d...>
        wrote:
        > You'll have no need of Static DHCP *IF* your XP laptop never goes
        anywhere.

        Thanks for the info, that was interesting and useful.

        -- Mark