Re: ipkg install fails w Openslug 2.7B

  • Stanley P. Miller
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
      Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

      I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
      > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba i.e.
      > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
      >

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
      > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without any
      > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong
      > > with the feeds?
      > >
      > > /Uffe
    • wyendor
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
        <yahoo@s...> wrote:
        > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

        20binary

        > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
        wrote:
        > > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba
        i.e.
        > > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
        > >

        > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
        wrote:
        > > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without
        any
        > > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there
        something wrong
        > > > with the feeds?
        > > >
        > > > /Uffe
        Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
        linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.
      • mbanditt
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wyendor" <yender@m...> wrote:
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
          > <yahoo@s...> wrote:
          > > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

          > 20binary
          > >
          > > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
          > >
          > Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
          > linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.

          Well, I think it was said, that the "binary release of OpenSlug 2.7"
          is not ready for users. The "source release" has been officially
          released (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8892
          ).

          However, I always thought that the binary and the source release
          finally lead to the same firmware/package and also use the same
          package feed?! I'm not quite sure how this fits together.

          I guess, you should use OpenSlug 2.5 until all problems with 2.7 are
          solved. Don't take 2.6 as I understand that the even numbers denote
          developer versions and the odd numbers stable versions.

          Hope this helps a bit.

          Michael
        • epkulse
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
            OK, no problem - I was too "trigger happy"...

            /Uffe

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mbanditt" <auslands-kv@g...> wrote:
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wyendor" <yender@m...> wrote:
            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
            > > <yahoo@s...> wrote:
            > > > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

            > > 20binary
            > > >
            > > > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
            > > >
            > > Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
            > > linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.
            >
            > Well, I think it was said, that the "binary release of OpenSlug 2.7"
            > is not ready for users. The "source release" has been officially
            > released (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8892
            > ).
            >
            > However, I always thought that the binary and the source release
            > finally lead to the same firmware/package and also use the same
            > package feed?! I'm not quite sure how this fits together.
            >
            > I guess, you should use OpenSlug 2.5 until all problems with 2.7 are
            > solved. Don't take 2.6 as I understand that the even numbers denote
            > developer versions and the odd numbers stable versions.
            >
            > Hope this helps a bit.
            >
            > Michael
          • wyendor
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
              <yahoo@s...> wrote:
              > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

              20binary

              > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
              >
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
              wrote:
              > > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba
              i.e.
              > > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
              > >

              > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
              wrote:
              > > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without
              any
              > > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there
              something wrong
              > > > with the feeds?
              > > >
              > > > /Uffe

              OpenSlug 2.7 Binary *officially* released: