Re: ipkg install fails w Openslug 2.7B

  • epkulse
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
      Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba i.e.
      what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
      > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without any
      > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong
      > with the feeds?
      >
      > /Uffe
    • Stanley P. Miller
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

        I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
        > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba i.e.
        > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
        >

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
        > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without any
        > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong
        > > with the feeds?
        > >
        > > /Uffe
      • wyendor
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
          <yahoo@s...> wrote:
          > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

          20binary

          > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
          wrote:
          > > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba
          i.e.
          > > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
          > >

          > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
          wrote:
          > > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without
          any
          > > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there
          something wrong
          > > > with the feeds?
          > > >
          > > > /Uffe
          Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
          linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.
        • mbanditt
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wyendor" <yender@m...> wrote:
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
            > <yahoo@s...> wrote:
            > > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

            > 20binary
            > >
            > > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
            > >
            > Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
            > linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.

            Well, I think it was said, that the "binary release of OpenSlug 2.7"
            is not ready for users. The "source release" has been officially
            released (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8892
            ).

            However, I always thought that the binary and the source release
            finally lead to the same firmware/package and also use the same
            package feed?! I'm not quite sure how this fits together.

            I guess, you should use OpenSlug 2.5 until all problems with 2.7 are
            solved. Don't take 2.6 as I understand that the even numbers denote
            developer versions and the odd numbers stable versions.

            Hope this helps a bit.

            Michael
          • epkulse
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
              OK, no problem - I was too "trigger happy"...

              /Uffe

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mbanditt" <auslands-kv@g...> wrote:
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wyendor" <yender@m...> wrote:
              > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
              > > <yahoo@s...> wrote:
              > > > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

              > > 20binary
              > > >
              > > > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
              > > >
              > > Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
              > > linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.
              >
              > Well, I think it was said, that the "binary release of OpenSlug 2.7"
              > is not ready for users. The "source release" has been officially
              > released (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8892
              > ).
              >
              > However, I always thought that the binary and the source release
              > finally lead to the same firmware/package and also use the same
              > package feed?! I'm not quite sure how this fits together.
              >
              > I guess, you should use OpenSlug 2.5 until all problems with 2.7 are
              > solved. Don't take 2.6 as I understand that the even numbers denote
              > developer versions and the odd numbers stable versions.
              >
              > Hope this helps a bit.
              >
              > Michael
            • wyendor
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
                <yahoo@s...> wrote:
                > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

                20binary

                > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
                >
                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
                wrote:
                > > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba
                i.e.
                > > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
                > >

                > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
                wrote:
                > > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without
                any
                > > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there
                something wrong
                > > > with the feeds?
                > > >
                > > > /Uffe

                OpenSlug 2.7 Binary *officially* released: