Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

ipkg install fails w Openslug 2.7B

Expand Messages
  • epkulse
    I not able to install, however ipkg update succeeds without any problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong with the feeds? /Uffe
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without any
      problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong
      with the feeds?

      /Uffe
    • epkulse
      Clarification - just noted that I m not able to install samba i.e. what fails is ipkg install samba for Openslug 2.7 B
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba i.e.
        what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B


        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
        > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without any
        > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong
        > with the feeds?
        >
        > /Uffe
      • Stanley P. Miller
        Take a look at this search of nls2-linux http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/messagesearch?query=2.7%20binary I don t think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Take a look at this search of nls2-linux

          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/messagesearch?query=2.7%20binary

          I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
          > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba i.e.
          > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
          >
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...> wrote:
          > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without any
          > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there something wrong
          > > with the feeds?
          > >
          > > /Uffe
        • wyendor
          ... 20binary ... i.e. ... any ... something wrong ... Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2- linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
            <yahoo@s...> wrote:
            > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux
            >
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/messagesearch?query=2.7%
            20binary
            >
            > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
            wrote:
            > > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba
            i.e.
            > > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
            > >
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
            wrote:
            > > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without
            any
            > > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there
            something wrong
            > > > with the feeds?
            > > >
            > > > /Uffe
            Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
            linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.
          • mbanditt
            ... Well, I think it was said, that the binary release of OpenSlug 2.7 is not ready for users. The source release has been officially released (see
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wyendor" <yender@m...> wrote:
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
              > <yahoo@s...> wrote:
              > > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux
              > >
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/messagesearch?query=2.7%
              > 20binary
              > >
              > > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
              > >
              > Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
              > linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.

              Well, I think it was said, that the "binary release of OpenSlug 2.7"
              is not ready for users. The "source release" has been officially
              released (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8892
              ).

              However, I always thought that the binary and the source release
              finally lead to the same firmware/package and also use the same
              package feed?! I'm not quite sure how this fits together.

              I guess, you should use OpenSlug 2.5 until all problems with 2.7 are
              solved. Don't take 2.6 as I understand that the even numbers denote
              developer versions and the odd numbers stable versions.

              Hope this helps a bit.

              Michael
            • epkulse
              OK, no problem - I was too trigger happy ... /Uffe
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                OK, no problem - I was too "trigger happy"...

                /Uffe

                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mbanditt" <auslands-kv@g...> wrote:
                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wyendor" <yender@m...> wrote:
                > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
                > > <yahoo@s...> wrote:
                > > > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux
                > > >
                > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/messagesearch?query=2.7%
                > > 20binary
                > > >
                > > > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
                > > >
                > > Nice, taking in account that http://www.nslu2-
                > > linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/HomePage refers 2.7 as latest version.
                >
                > Well, I think it was said, that the "binary release of OpenSlug 2.7"
                > is not ready for users. The "source release" has been officially
                > released (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8892
                > ).
                >
                > However, I always thought that the binary and the source release
                > finally lead to the same firmware/package and also use the same
                > package feed?! I'm not quite sure how this fits together.
                >
                > I guess, you should use OpenSlug 2.5 until all problems with 2.7 are
                > solved. Don't take 2.6 as I understand that the even numbers denote
                > developer versions and the odd numbers stable versions.
                >
                > Hope this helps a bit.
                >
                > Michael
              • wyendor
                ... 20binary ... i.e. ... any ... something wrong ... OpenSlug 2.7 Binary *officially* released: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/9098
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Stanley P. Miller"
                  <yahoo@s...> wrote:
                  > Take a look at this search of nls2-linux
                  >
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/messagesearch?query=2.7%
                  20binary
                  >
                  > I don't think 2.7 is ready for users yet.
                  >
                  > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
                  wrote:
                  > > Clarification - just noted that I'm not able to install samba
                  i.e.
                  > > what fails is "ipkg install samba" for Openslug 2.7 B
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "epkulse" <uffe.z@t...>
                  wrote:
                  > > > I not able to install, however "ipkg update" succeeds without
                  any
                  > > > problems. Always receive http error 404 etc. Is there
                  something wrong
                  > > > with the feeds?
                  > > >
                  > > > /Uffe

                  OpenSlug 2.7 Binary *officially* released:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/9098
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.