Lost Boot

  • ne1r
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 6:39 AM
      After running 24x7 for months, the HD lost the boot record and the
      NSLU2 wanted a format. With 180 gig on the drive that was out of the
      question. I was able to retrieve the files by putting the HD on my
      windows computer with a 3rd party program. Is there a way I could have
      fixed the boot record and saved hours of downtime?

      Thanks, Bob