Fat32 & NTFS Why?

  • ne1r
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2005
      Maybe I am missing something but I tried a NTFS disk and there are no
      internal controls for user, group, share, permissions etc. What good
      is that?
    • Chris Watts
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        I mentioned this to linksys support myself with the suguestion that perhaps
        they could produce a hybrid set of partitions with a NTFS partition for
        data, EXT3 partition for system and a swap partition. They said they'ed
        pass the suguestion onto the development team. Although it is suppose to
        work if you have two disks, with one formated as EXT3.

        If this doesn't appear in the next release of Linksys firmware what about it
        as an option in Unslung ?