Large file problems

  • artartxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      I have just installed the unslung system v 5.5beta

      I get strange problems with large files (several gigs). e.g. ls -la
      gives an error and does not show the files. The error is:
      'ls: ./bigfile: Value too large for defined data type'

      Also the files are not visible in mc.
      'du -a' does show the files

      Does anyone know what the problem is?

      It appears that I can see and use the files when nfs exports to a winxp
      box but not under native linux. Is there a problem with the kernel?

      Thnx