RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Why is nslu2 so slow when copying files?

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2005
      I haven't run any proper benchmarks since then, but did some tests right
      after the inverted lobotomy. It indicated around 10-15% speed increase. A
      slug is a slug is a slug...

      Anybody done proper turboslug benchmarking on Samba?

      For fun I set up my old Thinkpad 390 (a ~300MHz P2), hooked up a Cardbus USB
      adapter, connected my NSLU2 disks, booted Linux and shared them out. Faster
      than the slug, but (and that is one of the reasons why I love my slug)...
      the annoying fan noise was clearly noticable - the slug is dead quiet. Had a
      Mac Mini on loan for a while - lovely creature, but a whole different price
      range.

      best,

      -- Inge