Re: /opt/etc not working in 5.5 (for me)

  • chandersawh
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2005
      Can you symbolically linked to the /opt/etc directory so it would be
      transparent to your preinstalled software packages?

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Ludo" <nslu2@l...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I've had a bad flash suddenly with 3.18 running perfectly (except
      for that occasion:)).
      > I reflashed it with 5.5 following exact instructions, unslinging,
      including "/sbin/slingover disk1" .

      > Now it does not seem to use the /share/hdd/data/opt/etc directory
      anymore. This results in some preinstalled programs like cups and
      dropboar not working correctly due to missing config files. Also my
      profile in /opt/etc is not triggering.

      > Because of upgrading from 3.18 to 5.5 did I forget something, do I
      have to delete or bend some folders?