Re: Disk Status - Not Installed

  • pompeysteve2002
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 6, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "panyk" <panyk@y...> wrote:
      > I am another with the exact same problem. Using an enclosure based
      on
      > a Genesys GL811E chipset and i connect it the nslu2, start the
      nslu2,
      > format the disk, and then copy some files into place. As soon as i
      > try to read a file back (for instance listen to an .mp3 or watch a
      > .avi) the nslu2 locks up.

      [..snip..]

      > I am about to order a bytecc me-740u2 enclosure (hopefully) based
      on
      > the cypress chipset. I have read on another list that both this
      > enclosure seems to have worked to resolve the issue for others.

      Hi,

      I received my new enclosure yesterday - a Metal Gear Box (Silver with
      Blue LED) from http://www.specialtech.co.uk which uses the Prolific
      chipset, and has been running like a dream so far! Unslung ok, copied
      a few gigs across and also run a media server to my DVD player on it!
      (http://www.sourceforget.net/projects/dp500serv)

      I was also thinking of getting a Bytecc enclosure (ME-350U2 I think,
      it has a rainbow light on the top) but plumped for the Metal Gear as
      I knew this used the PL chipset which seems to have the fewest
      problems so far.

      Steve