Re: DEFINITE BUG !!! "Not Installed / Not formatted" status

  • hdouglas64
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
      This is exactly the problem I have experienced, but nothing I have
      done so far as brought the unit back, it would seem that until a
      unit can be re-recognised, there will not be a solution.

      A number of people have reported that using devices with a Cypress
      chipset does not experience the problem, have you tried interfaces
      with this chipset?

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "K. Carter Sr."
      <KC.Lists.Development@C...> wrote:

      > Your equipment is not the problem. I've had the same problem as
      > many people are experiencing. A perfectly working NSLU2 for what
      > ever the reason hiccups and your hard drive is no longer there. The
      > NSLU2 reports your hard drive as Not Installed, "left the
      building",
      > etc..
      > The only way to get it back is to re-format the drive. But WAIT!
      > When I check the drive using several different programs that can
      > read & write to the drive, they all show everything is there and in
      > order. I can use the drive just fine attached to anything EXCEPT
      the
      > NSLU2 and access the files. I've also used a plethora of different
      > USB chipsets with different cases. The NSLU2 still has the same
      > problem. I've even used a direct USB 2.0 to IDE cable capable of
      > handling drives over 250 GB and that didn't stop the problem from
      re-
      > occuring.
      > When this problem happens, even though there is nothing physically
      > wrong with the hard drive, you have to re-format it to get the
      NSLU2