Unable to enable telnet after Linksys V23R63 Firmware upgrade

  • spartacus
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
      After installing Linksys V23R63 firmware, I tried to enable telnet at
      http://192.168.0.115/Management url but indexing is disabled. I tried
      http://192.168.0.115/Management/telnet.cgi which returned 'file not
      found' error. Does anyone know what's the new name for telnet.cgi or
      another way to enable telnet. Thanks.
      Okan
    • Satboy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
        Unfortunately, from what I understand, Telnet access is disabled in this
        version of the firmware. Installing the Unsling Firmware is one way to
        re-enable it.

        On 9/3/05, spartacus <spartacus_ny@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > After installing Linksys V23R63 firmware, I tried to enable telnet at
        > http://192.168.0.115/Management url but indexing is disabled. I tried
        > http://192.168.0.115/Management/telnet.cgi which returned 'file not
        > found' error. Does anyone know what's the new name for telnet.cgi or
        > another way to enable telnet. Thanks.
        > Okan

      • spartacus
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
          Thanks Satboy. That fixed the problem and I can browse the Management
          folder and enable telnet as necessary. Appreciate the assistance.