Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Can not access Linksys Web Based configuration utility

  • Kai He
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1 8:56 PM
      Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
      0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(

      Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
      I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
      I'm running Windows XP.

      --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

      > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
      > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
      > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
      > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
      >
      > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
      >
      > Byron
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
      > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
      > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
      > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
      > got the same
      > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi erliban,
      >
      > [snip]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2 1:25 AM
        In message <20050902035605.86148.qmail@...>, Kai He
        <erliban@...> writes
        >Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
        >0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(
        >
        >Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
        >I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
        >I'm running Windows XP.

        Also check out the settings under
        Control Panel,
        Internet Settings,
        Connections,
        LAN settings,

        Having a tick in any of the three tick boxes can cause problems so
        suggest removing them. If you do need a tick in the proxy server box,
        perhaps needed by your ISP, then add 192.168.*; to the exceptions
        section.

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA