Re: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 Software Issues/Bugs

  • WRT54G.yg@datmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      > (1) One of my main uses for the NSLU2 is to act as a multimedia
      > server with all of my music, pictures and video files. I have over
      > 500 folders with 10-50 files in each of them. However, when accessing
      > the NSLU2 through internet explorer, it only shows the first 30 or so
      > folders (with the files within) rather than the 500+ folders that are
      > actually there; and

      I would doubt that the native Linksys firmware will ever be enhanced enough
      to be able to modify this default behavior in the web display. I think
      you'll have to use one of the custom linux builds for the NSLU2 once a more
      stable version comes out of the NSLU2-linux group.

      > (2) I can not get "Shares" to work on Disk 2 (they work fine on Disk
      > 1).
      >
      > I think these are both firmware problems that might be fixed in
      > future versions, but does anyone else have these problems, or is it
      > just me? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

      This sounds like a permissions issue, have you verified that you have the
      permission set correctly on Disk2? What is your windows logon? Is that login
      ID/pass is the NSLU2's config? Are the permissions for that user set
      properly?

      David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
      Carpe Diem - "Seize the Day"
      Funstuff: 90% of the time I'm right, so why worry about the other 3%?