Re[2]: [nslu2-general] Can not access Linksys Web Based configuration utility

  • Petr
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
      It is SLUG's normal behavior. Even you re-flash the firmware, the
      network setting remain the same as was before re-flashing.
      KH> Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
      KH> the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still got the same
      KH> behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
      KH>
      KH> Thanks.
      KH>
      KH> --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@...> wrote:
      KH>
      >> Hi erliban,
      >>
      >> I suspect the previous owner changed the port number of the web
      >> interface to something different than 80. Try a few suspicious ports
      >>
      >> http://192.168.1.77:80/ (default)
      >> http://192.168.1.77:1080/
      >> http://192.168.1.77:8000/
      >> http://192.168.1.77:8080/
      >>
      >> If this all fails, next step is to port scan the IP to see what ports
      >> are open. If you never done this before, I would recommend to go for
      >> SuperScan from here:
      >>

      KH> http://www.foundstone.com/resources/termsofuse.htm?file=superscan4.zip&warn=true
      >> Then you have the port and put a URL together like the few above.
      >> Remember to put the "http://" as depending on IE it only does it
      >> automatically if there is a "www." in the beginning of the address.
      >>
      >> Once you are on the web interface, you'll be able to find what firmware it
      >> runs.
      >>
      >> Ignore the "Printers and Faxes" ... ;-)
      >>
      >> Good luck. Kai
    • Kai He
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
        Thanks Byron, the ResetSysConf seems to be a daunting task for me but I'll give
        it a try tonight.

        --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

        > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
        > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
        > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
        > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
        >
        > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
        >
        > Byron
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
        > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
        > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
        > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
        > got the same
        > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hi erliban,
        >
        > [snip]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Kai He
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
          Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
          0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(

          Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
          I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
          I'm running Windows XP.

          --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

          > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
          > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
          > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
          > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
          >
          > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
          >
          > Byron
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
          > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
          > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
          > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
          > got the same
          > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi erliban,
          >
          > [snip]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Robert Hammond
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
            In message <20050902035605.86148.qmail@...>, Kai He
            <erliban@...> writes
            >Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
            >0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(
            >
            >Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
            >I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
            >I'm running Windows XP.

            Also check out the settings under
            Control Panel,
            Internet Settings,
            Connections,
            LAN settings,

            Having a tick in any of the three tick boxes can cause problems so
            suggest removing them. If you do need a tick in the proxy server box,
            perhaps needed by your ISP, then add 192.168.*; to the exceptions
            section.

            --
            Robert Hammond
            PGP:0x154144DA