Re: Can not access Linksys Web Based configuration utility

  • Byron Todd
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
      ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
      is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
      will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
      will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.

      Search the wiki for the HowTo page.

      Byron

      www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
      > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
      got the same
      > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi erliban,

      [snip]
    • Petr
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
        It is SLUG's normal behavior. Even you re-flash the firmware, the
        network setting remain the same as was before re-flashing.
        KH> Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
        KH> the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still got the same
        KH> behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
        KH>
        KH> Thanks.
        KH>
        KH> --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@...> wrote:
        KH>
        >> Hi erliban,
        >>
        >> I suspect the previous owner changed the port number of the web
        >> interface to something different than 80. Try a few suspicious ports
        >>
        >> http://192.168.1.77:80/ (default)
        >> http://192.168.1.77:1080/
        >> http://192.168.1.77:8000/
        >> http://192.168.1.77:8080/
        >>
        >> If this all fails, next step is to port scan the IP to see what ports
        >> are open. If you never done this before, I would recommend to go for
        >> SuperScan from here:
        >>

        KH> http://www.foundstone.com/resources/termsofuse.htm?file=superscan4.zip&warn=true
        >> Then you have the port and put a URL together like the few above.
        >> Remember to put the "http://" as depending on IE it only does it
        >> automatically if there is a "www." in the beginning of the address.
        >>
        >> Once you are on the web interface, you'll be able to find what firmware it
        >> runs.
        >>
        >> Ignore the "Printers and Faxes" ... ;-)
        >>
        >> Good luck. Kai
      • Kai He
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
          Thanks Byron, the ResetSysConf seems to be a daunting task for me but I'll give
          it a try tonight.

          --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

          > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
          > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
          > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
          > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
          >
          > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
          >
          > Byron
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
          > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
          > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
          > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
          > got the same
          > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi erliban,
          >
          > [snip]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kai He
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
            Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
            0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(

            Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
            I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
            I'm running Windows XP.

            --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

            > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
            > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
            > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
            > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
            >
            > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
            >
            > Byron
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
            > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
            > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
            > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
            > got the same
            > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi erliban,
            >
            > [snip]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Robert Hammond
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
              In message <20050902035605.86148.qmail@...>, Kai He
              <erliban@...> writes
              >Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
              >0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(
              >
              >Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
              >I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
              >I'm running Windows XP.

              Also check out the settings under
              Control Panel,
              Internet Settings,
              Connections,
              LAN settings,

              Having a tick in any of the three tick boxes can cause problems so
              suggest removing them. If you do need a tick in the proxy server box,
              perhaps needed by your ISP, then add 192.168.*; to the exceptions
              section.

              --
              Robert Hammond
              PGP:0x154144DA