Re: [nslu2-general] Can not access Linksys Web Based configuration utility

  • Kai He
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
      Thanks Kai, I tried those ports but they didn't work either. I used the
      portscan you mentioned and got result like this:

      IP 192.168.1.1 (This is my router)
      Hostname [Unknown]
      UDP Ports (1)
      53 Domain Name Server
      UDP Port Banner
      53
      Domain Name Server

      BIND version:
      BIND

      IP 192.168.1.77 (This is NSLU2)
      Hostname [Unknown]
      Netbios Name MAGSERV
      Workgroup/Domain HOME
      UDP Ports (1)
      137 NETBIOS Name Service
      UDP Port Banner
      137
      NETBIOS Name Service

      MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
      NIC Vendor : Xerox Corporation

      Netbios Name Table (5 names)

      MAGSERV 00 UNIQUE Workstation service name
      MAGSERV 03 UNIQUE Messenger name
      MAGSERV 20 UNIQUE Server services name
      HOME 00 GROUP Workstation service name
      HOME 1E GROUP Group name

      Total hosts discovered 3
      Total open TCP ports 0
      Total open UDP ports 2

      But I don't know where the port number is, I tried 137 but it did not work.
      Should it be TCP ports? Thanks.

      http://www.foundstone.com/resources/termsofuse.htm?file=superscan4.zip&warn=true
      > Then you have the port and put a URL together like the few above.
      > Remember to put the "http://" as depending on IE it only does it
      > automatically if there is a "www." in the beginning of the address.
      >
      > Once you are on the web interface, you'll be able to find what firmware it
      > runs.
      >
      > Ignore the "Printers and Faxes" ... ;-)
      >
      > Good luck. Kai

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kai He
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
        Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
        the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still got the same
        behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?

        Thanks.

        --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@...> wrote:

        > Hi erliban,
        >
        > I suspect the previous owner changed the port number of the web
        > interface to something different than 80. Try a few suspicious ports
        >
        > http://192.168.1.77:80/ (default)
        > http://192.168.1.77:1080/
        > http://192.168.1.77:8000/
        > http://192.168.1.77:8080/
        >
        > If this all fails, next step is to port scan the IP to see what ports
        > are open. If you never done this before, I would recommend to go for
        > SuperScan from here:

        http://www.foundstone.com/resources/termsofuse.htm?file=superscan4.zip&warn=true
        > Then you have the port and put a URL together like the few above.
        > Remember to put the "http://" as depending on IE it only does it
        > automatically if there is a "www." in the beginning of the address.
        >
        > Once you are on the web interface, you'll be able to find what firmware it
        > runs.
        >
        > Ignore the "Printers and Faxes" ... ;-)
        >
        > Good luck. Kai

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Byron Todd
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
          ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
          is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
          will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
          will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.

          Search the wiki for the HowTo page.

          Byron

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
          > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
          www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
          > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
          got the same
          > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi erliban,

          [snip]
        • Petr
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
            It is SLUG's normal behavior. Even you re-flash the firmware, the
            network setting remain the same as was before re-flashing.
            KH> Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
            KH> the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still got the same
            KH> behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
            KH>
            KH> Thanks.
            KH>
            KH> --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@...> wrote:
            KH>
            >> Hi erliban,
            >>
            >> I suspect the previous owner changed the port number of the web
            >> interface to something different than 80. Try a few suspicious ports
            >>
            >> http://192.168.1.77:80/ (default)
            >> http://192.168.1.77:1080/
            >> http://192.168.1.77:8000/
            >> http://192.168.1.77:8080/
            >>
            >> If this all fails, next step is to port scan the IP to see what ports
            >> are open. If you never done this before, I would recommend to go for
            >> SuperScan from here:
            >>

            KH> http://www.foundstone.com/resources/termsofuse.htm?file=superscan4.zip&warn=true
            >> Then you have the port and put a URL together like the few above.
            >> Remember to put the "http://" as depending on IE it only does it
            >> automatically if there is a "www." in the beginning of the address.
            >>
            >> Once you are on the web interface, you'll be able to find what firmware it
            >> runs.
            >>
            >> Ignore the "Printers and Faxes" ... ;-)
            >>
            >> Good luck. Kai
          • Kai He
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
              Thanks Byron, the ResetSysConf seems to be a daunting task for me but I'll give
              it a try tonight.

              --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

              > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
              > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
              > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
              > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
              >
              > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
              >
              > Byron
              >
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
              > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
              > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
              > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
              > got the same
              > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
              > >
              > > Thanks.
              > >
              > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Hi erliban,
              >
              > [snip]

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Kai He
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
                0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(

                Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
                I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
                I'm running Windows XP.

                --- Byron Todd <byrontodd@...> wrote:

                > ResetSysConf is what you want to do. Something in the configuration
                > is keeping you from accessing the admin pages - a reflash of firmware
                > will not touch the SysConf. But be forewarned, resetting the sys conf
                > will set you back to "clean" Linksys defaults.
                >
                > Search the wiki for the HowTo page.
                >
                > Byron
                >
                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai He <erliban@y...> wrote:
                > > Also, I actually used the Sercomm tool mention on
                > www.nslu2-linux.org to flash
                > > the firmware to the latest download from Linksys (2363) and still
                > got the same
                > > behavior. I thought firmware flash will reset everything?
                > >
                > > Thanks.
                > >
                > > --- Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Hi erliban,
                >
                > [snip]

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Robert Hammond
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
                  In message <20050902035605.86148.qmail@...>, Kai He
                  <erliban@...> writes
                  >Well, I tried ResetSysConf (I think I succeeded, I saw the "... Erase from
                  >0x50040000-0x50060000: . " message), everything seems to be the same :-(
                  >
                  >Is it possible something on my network (not the NSLU2) is causing this problem?
                  >I tried disabling windows firewall but it does not seem to make a difference.
                  >I'm running Windows XP.

                  Also check out the settings under
                  Control Panel,
                  Internet Settings,
                  Connections,
                  LAN settings,

                  Having a tick in any of the three tick boxes can cause problems so
                  suggest removing them. If you do need a tick in the proxy server box,
                  perhaps needed by your ISP, then add 192.168.*; to the exceptions
                  section.

                  --
                  Robert Hammond
                  PGP:0x154144DA