Re: Confirming that Unslung 5.5 was successful

  • fransmeulenbroeks
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Your output looks ok and you are successfully unslung (the rootfs is
      definitely your hard disk).

      The wiki page is very outdated (for unslung 1.1), and should probably
      be removed, but although I feel quite confident adding things to the
      wiki, I'd rather leave it to the higher gods to decide on page
      removal.

      Note also that the figures you get from df depend on the size of the
      hard disk.
      Also if you lack basic unix knowledge, it escapes me why you want to
      unslung your nslu2. If you want to learn about linux better start
      installing e.g. fedora core on your pc.

      Good luck, FM

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Buck Jeffcott"
      <videogamemaster@h...> wrote:
      > I'm REALLY new the linux, but I read the confirm unslung page here
      >
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ConfirmUnslung
      >
      > and the #df and #mount doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing.
      I just
      > want to make sure that the drive is truelly unslung - is it just
      because
      > that page is an example of a different version of unslung?
      >
      > # df
      > Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
      > rootfs 76723716 44332 75899912 0% /
      > /dev/sda1 6528 5328 1200 82% /initrd
      > /dev/sda1 76723716 44332 75899912 0% /
      > /dev/sda1 76723716 44332 75899912